Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 31
Photo of Planetree
Automated Workflow isn't working
I had created a sign-up form to place on our website, then I created an email that would be generated immediately whenever someone comple...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
  • Archived
Photo of Meaghan
Adding new contacts got harder
Appreciate the changes y'all are making to improve Emma, but some of the recent changes to the Audience section have made things harder f...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
  • Archived
Photo of Meaghan
Signup form bug when selecting audience groups
Hey team - I've encountered this error enough times now that I'm pretty confident that it's a bug and not user error. When creating a new...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
  • Archived
Photo of Meaghan
Template Builder Code View Doesn't Save Changes
I've run into this a couple of times and chalked it up to user error, but it's happened frequently enough that I think it's actually a bu...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
  • Archived
Photo of Meaghan
Audience tab persistently redirecting to home.e2ma.net
Hey team, starting late last week, we're unable to work with the Audience section of one of our Emma sub-accounts. Clicking on the Audien...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
  • Archived
Photo of Meaghan
Multiple workflows, only the first one triggered is working
Hoping you can help with a perplexing problem. One of our subaccounts has several active workflows set up: each of these sends an immedia...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem
  • Not a Problem
Photo of Meaghan
Problems with Convertplug integration?
We have a client who is using a plugin called ConvertPlug to create several different lightbox signup forms. Apparently the forms are wor...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Cody De Vos
Now LIVE FOR ALL ACCOUNTS: Exclude a segment from receiving your mailing
UPDATE: Segment exclusion is available in all Emma accounts as of April 13th, 2016. We’re excited to announce a new update to the Emm...
  • 1 me too
  • 26 replies
  • Announcement
Photo of hbfus
Error scheduling mailing when account time zone is earlier than computer time zone
A clarification first: I work from Europe, the account is set and my coworkers are working from the east coast (EST). If I try to schedul...
  • 4 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Meaghan
Can't set up a workflow with a lightbox form as the trigger
One of our clients (sub-account Bagpipe Lessons) is trying to set up an automation workflow where the trigger event is someone signing up...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of Meaghan
Problems selecting template
Hi team,  Discovered a problem this morning -- across at least three, and presumably all, of our agency subaccounts -- when I go to crea...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
  • Archived
Photo of Meaghan
Problem with autorresponder or segment count
I'm having a problem that involves a workflow not firing properly and an inaccurate count of signups in a segment, and I'm not sure which...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of New City Capital
Can I send a confirmation email that simply confirms subscribing, without requiring them to click a link to complete subscription?
Can I send a confirmation email that simply confirms subscribing to my list, without requiring them to click a link to complete subscript...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth
Release Notes (7/31/15): Tiered account invitations
Our Product Team has released into beta a new sub-account invitation process for tiered accounts. Read on to learn more about this newnes...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Announcement
Photo of Meaghan
Limit a workflow to firing once per email address?
So, I'm trying to set up a Workflow to do the following:  * Send Email #1 immediately to folks who fill out Signup Form A * Send Email #...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of Woods Hole Inn
Why is Emma saying my valid links are broken?
I am entering valid links and Emma is saying they are "broken" Ergh. Frustrated!
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of The Big Sky Centre for Learning
The editor seems to constantly be saving
Save Mode: Emma seems to be in a constant save mode and this makes the design process very slow. It doesn't usually act this way. Is ther...
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Joel Pan
Trying to save an edited segment does not work, and logs me out of Emma
Steps to replicate: 1. Edit an existing segment (either by selecting from the dropdown in the segment list, or clicking the "edit this s...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
  • Archived
Photo of Meaghan
When templates are updated, are those updates applied to automated emails?
It was my understanding that any updates made to templates would be automatically applied to automated emails that are activated. I made ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of Kati Hyer
Do HTML emails on my website ever expire?
How long will my HTML emails last on my website? I know with similar competitor services, only the 3 most HTML emails could be saved, so...
  • 3 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered