The tab in the list of contacts shows the incorrect number

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: queue clean up

Using Firefox in the Audience section, when we open one of our lists, the "Active" tab at the top says there are only two people on the list, but the actual visible list is much larger than that. None have opted out or errored out. I've attached a screen shot for reference. Is this a glitch? Will it still send to everyone on the list even though it only acknowledges two contacts?

Thanks.
Photo of City of Vancouver, Washington

City of Vancouver, Washington

• 37 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- Thanks for including that screenshot...super duper helpful!

We're running into this issue occasionally, where group counts are slow to update. It's a known but that we're working to resolve, and I'll update you here as soon as we do!

For now, you can sometimes force that group count to update by adding another contact to the group manually. In this case, I added myself to your group and pushed the number up to 12. I removed my address but the count hasn't adjusted yet... again, a little slow. I also copied your entire group to a new group called Emma Testing. You can see the appropriate group count reflecting there. 

Rest assured that the group counts not updating does not affect your ability to send to that group in its entirety. :)

I'll keep you updated here as I learn more. Thanks!
Photo of Massachusetts Golf Association

Massachusetts Golf Association

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am experiencing a similar problem - I import a list of about 200 contacts into a new group. But once the import is complete, the 'Active' tab shows zero contacts. I even mock-sent it and as I type in/select the recipient group, it shows zero contacts. Wondering how to go about fixing this?

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi -- So sorry I missed your reply here!

You can nudge those group counts by adding a new contact to the group (using the add contact button on the Audience page) or copying all contacts in the group over to a new group. 

We're still working on this one, but I'll let you know here when this bug is updated!
Photo of Mandate Media

Mandate Media

• 33 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Count on segment results tab is delayed.

It's one of the most frustrating things.  When you create a new segment, the counts on the active/error/opt-out tabs come up as zero.  Sure, if you wait around a while, it'll eventually update.  But it's really frustrating when you're trying to debug a segment.  You've got an idea of how many people it should be, so a quick look at those tabs will tell you if you've got it right.

What's so baffling is that Emma's already done the hard work -- all the emails are listed there.  It seems a trivial bit of code to actually do the count.
Photo of Mandate Media

Mandate Media

• 33 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Still happening.  Here's a screenshot of the bug.  Three minutes since the segment created, and still waiting...

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- Can you let me know which sub account and segment you're working in? Are you seeing this in several accounts or primarily one? Thanks!
Photo of Bron

Bron

• 3 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

I am adding on to this thread because this has been an annoyance for me since I started with Emma a number of years ago, and it is still a problem. I guess the basic problem is that the count of active, error, or opt-out contacts in a group or segment that is displayed is sometimes wrong in that it does not match the actual number of such contacts in that group/state. The incorrect counts are displayed in two places:

1. When viewing a group or segment, the "Active", "Error", and "Opt-out" tabs at the top show the incorrect number of contacts in that state.
2. When viewing the list of all groups or segments, the counts in the "Active", "Error", and "Opt-out" contact columns show the incorrect number of contacts in that state.

In my case, the problem is almost always such that I have NO contacts in that group/state but Emma is showing that I have some. For example, I might have a segment with no opt-outs but Emma shows that I have 1 opt-out contact. This typically manifests itself after I delete contacts and the counts don't get updated, but sometimes I delete and the counts DO get updated. Furthermore, it isn't just a timing issue, as sometimes the counts NEVER reset, even after I log off and log on days later.

Although this isn't a huge problem, it has been one for years, and it is certainly an annoyance especially considering that it seems like it shouldn't be too hard to fix. At the very least, you could add a "Reset Counts" button or something that would force the system to recalculate the counts.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Bron -- I apologize for my delay in responding. We really appreciate you expressing your concern here, and we agree that this bug is particularly pesky! I hope to have an update for you very soon on the progress we've made toward a resolution.
Photo of Restaurant Equippers

Restaurant Equippers

• 27 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Groups not reflecting the actual number of active emails.

I have a group that consists of all active emails. After purging some emails from my active list, although the number of actives in my "All Email" segment updated, my "All Groups" group did not. What's strange is, some groups reflected the change in the number of active emails, but some did not...what's going on?

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Restaurant Equippers -- I merged your post here to ensure that you get updates when we post about this bug. The best workaround for now is to either copy your entire group into a new group or manually add a contact to the group that has outdated counts. Both of these should bump those group counts to update.

I'm also happy to take a look in your account if you can provide the specific groups that aren't updating. Thanks!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there Restaurant Equippers -- Thanks for hanging in here while we work to resolve this bug. We're doing some active digging on this issue, and I hoped you could answer a few follow-up questions for me. 

First, are you referring to an actual group that you created called "All groups," or are you clicking to "view all contacts" on the Audience tab or are you perhaps clicking to send to all groups on the review and send page?

Second, do you remember your workflow for purging those members? For example, did you manually delete one record at a time or select several and choosing to delete all selected? Thanks!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Also, did you choose to delete those contacts just from the group or from the entire audience?

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi friends -- I'm happy to report that the work our development team has implemented over the last few weeks has resolved this issue with group counts not updating correctly. Thanks for your patience on this!