"Send Test" button does not work

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: resolved

When I try to click on the orange "Send Test" button, nothing happens. I've continued to have this problem and I have tried to sign out and sign back in but it does not help. I am using Chrome (Version 44.0.2403.130) as my browser, but I have also tried Safari and I have the same issue (except the button sometimes appears gray). Please help! 
Photo of Vapor International

Vapor International

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Karen D.

Karen D.

• 31 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ever since the update a few months ago that changed the test window from the popup to the sidebar, I've been noticing this problem more and more. Sometimes pressing the button multiple times, and refreshing the page helps.

I hope Emma addresses this soon. It can get frustrating sometimes.
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My colleague and I both experience this bug all of the time and I hope Emma is looking into it. Pressing the button repeatedly very quickly is one way to get around the issue for now. 
Photo of Big Sister Productions

Big Sister Productions

• 21 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
That's my problem, too -- can't send a TEST. And the comments about the "upgrade" making things more difficult is right in my experience. I love EMMA, but these glitches are making my job harder.

Big Sister Productions

• 21 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hallelujah! It's working now -- try shutting down and coming back in (after you clear cache and cookies) -- I'm using Firefox. But I still can't find anything on this thread from the tech guys about this glitch except one of the problems is "in progress" so I hope the update us soon. Good luck, all!
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi all -- Thanks for chiming in here to let us know you're running into this! We don't have any known bugs right now with the test button, but it is more sensitive to the "save" function since the update. If the mailing is still saving, you'll see the word "saving" and the spinning dots next to the Undo button like this:

The Send test button doesn't respond when the mailing is saving. In my experience, letting the save complete and then hitting the Send test button on the test panel will do the trick.

If you're experiencing something different, can you share specifics here? What are you clicking and what is happening or not happening when you click that? A screencast would be even more helpful. :) Thanks!

Big Sister Productions

• 21 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thanks for these tipes, but my experiences in fails for Test have been different. The cache has been cleared. Email addresses are completely logged in. Campaign has been saved. But the Test button either doesn't do anything or it tries to send and just has a "spinning" button. I had to shut down Firefox earlier today to get out of Emma. I was unable to send a Test for several hours. It is working now, though, and I have sent 2 since it came back up.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Thanks for those details! I'm glad to hear it's running smoothly for you now. Do you have this experience using other browsers, or just Firefox?