“No date fields exist” error in my autoresponder setup

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Outdated

I am trying to schedule a date-based autotrigger campaign to someone who "has a birthday or other date-related event," but when I follow the steps to create the campaign, I get the following message "No date fields exist." According to the Sending an Autoresponder doc I found on Emma's site, I should be able to select an option from the "on this date" menu, but I don't see it on my end. Please help!

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Send a recurring email series on a schedule topic.
Photo of UHR

UHR

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Good morning! When I look at the fields in your account, I’m not finding a date field. You’ll want to have created the date field and be storing data in it first before creating the autoresponder.

To do this, go to your Audience page, and click the Manage fields button. Click the Create a new field button, and select the Date picker option. That’s how you’ll set up the field, and then you can include the field on your signup form so that new users can add that information to their contact record.

Let me know if you have any questions about this!
Photo of LECET Southwest

LECET Southwest

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am attempting to create a series of autoresponders (reminders) for an upcoming event that we are hosting. I added a date field to my audience. I only want to add the corresponding date to those in a group that we invited.  How can I do it bulk so I don't have to open each individual's record?
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Good morning! Do you have this data in a spreadsheet? You could import the info with this particular date into your Emma group and then selecting to map to that date member field. This way it’s accomplished in one fowl swoop and you don’t have the tedious task of doing this one by one. This would drive me batty too!

If you don’t have these folks in a spreadsheet, you could export the group from Emma. This will generate an Excel file for you which you could add your date(s) and then re-import back to Emma with this date information.

Hopefully this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.