Add blog icon to social follow block in the editor

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Not Planned
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: EOL CLEANUP

Are there any plans to add Blog to the social media icons widget in the drag&drop editor? Just 'RSS' in a color square would work.
Photo of Marie Gendron

Marie Gendron

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Marie! I want to make sure I'm understanding how you'd like this to work: It sounds like you'd like an option to include a link to your blog in the editor's Follow block, here:

Is that right? Or, are you looking to have a blog/RSS option added to the social sharing options in an email's footer, so your recipients can add your comment to their blog?:

I'm not sure the latter's possible, but I just want to clarify your idea before looping in the Product Team. :)
Photo of Marie Gendron

Marie Gendron

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Katie-

The first option -- just include Blog as an option in the Follow block. I suggested RSS because I know everyone has different blog platforms and was looking for something generic.

-Marie

Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Gotcha -- Thanks, Marie! I'm checking in with Product to see if we have plans to expand the options in that block. I'll keep you posted here. :)
Photo of Marie Gendron

Marie Gendron

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Great, thanks very much.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hello again! We've also talked about adding Pinterest and Vimeo to the social follow block, and we're thinking about adding a blog field, too. It's definitely an idea we'd like to do.

With that being said, since this work isn't on our Content Team's immediate timeline, I'm marking this as Not Planned, just to set the expectation that we aren't creating this right away. I'll keep you updated here as we grow closer to refining the social follow block.

Thank you for asking for this! I bet it's a popular wish. :)
Photo of Allied Business Schools

Allied Business Schools

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi, I'd like to request the Blogger social media icon as well! I'd like to direct audiences to blogs as part of the social media bar. Thanks!
Photo of RKL LLP

RKL LLP

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there anyway to add a Vimeo social media icon? We avoid using YouTube because of the ads. 

Thank you!
Photo of Phillip M

Phillip M, Official Rep

• 247 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hi!

Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to let our Product team know that our customers would love to see the Vimeo icon included within our standard icon set. 

In the meantime, you should be able to find that image for download online for use with an image block or even the HTML to create the icon within one of your mailings.

If that sounds daunting or overly complicated, our Services team would be happy to assist by adding this icon to one or more of your templates. If interested, just let me know or visit myemma.com/services to inquire. - Cheers!