Add Google Analytics Tracking to Split Tests

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Under Consideration
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: EOL CLEANUP

Want to do more split testing but I don't want to have to manually add UTM parameters to all of my links when doing a split test. If we could easily assign GA tracking from the send&review screen like a normal mailing, that would be great.

Thanks!
Noah
Photo of Noah Shunfenthal

Noah Shunfenthal

• 21 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Ross Cochran

Ross Cochran, Official Rep

• 134 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi Noah,

Thanks for taking the time out to make this suggestion! I've added a feature request for you for our product team to look into this.

Cheers!
Photo of Gregory Ruff

Gregory Ruff

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any updates on this? See my note below as well. 
Photo of Lauren T. Rosano

Lauren T. Rosano

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Any updates on this?  We just sent one of our most important campaigns of the year today only to discover that the specs we set on the editor (reply-to address and GA campaign) do not get applied to A/B test creative.  It's completely skewing our metrics.  And sadly, if i knew in advance that A/B creative tests didn't have the same "rules" as a typical "review and send",  I would have manually added the campaign to the links.  

Aside from matching the features of the creative a/b split tool to those found in a regular send,  it would help if there was a note in the tool that flags this issue so we know _before_ we send and have to search the forum for answers. 
Photo of Gregory Ruff

Gregory Ruff

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any updates on this? I am actually about to do a split test. 

If this has not been done, how can I currently track separate results for a split test?

I guess I could just split the users into two groups and do two separate email editions to test results that way? 
Photo of Phillip M

Phillip M, Official Rep

• 247 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hi, Gregory!

It's still on our radar, but there is no timeframe documented for it's implementation. I'll be sure to let our Product Team know that our customers are still inquiring about this functionality.

And yes, I think your workaround should do nicely. - Cheers!