Add readymade button image options to the drag & drop editor

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Not Planned
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Is MyEmma considering adding ready-made buttons to the drag-and-drop editor? A recent MyEmma webinar recommended buttons over web links, these would be a really handy tool to have instead of having to build them ourselves as images for each mailing.

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Add a button/image in drag & drop text block topic.
Photo of Marie Gendron

Marie Gendron

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Marie! We do have these buttons that you can download and use in your mailings. Are there other, specific buttons you're looking for?
Photo of Ted Hogan

Ted Hogan, Champion

• 145 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
I have been using a combination of the green "Find Out More" button (from your link above, Katie), and the new social icon buttons. My click-through rate has gone up. <disclaimer>Of course, your mileage may vary.</disclaimer>
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
That’s awesome, Ted! I’m a big fan of the new social block, too.
Photo of Marie Gendron

Marie Gendron

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
These are nice, but it would be great if they could exist in a widget right in the drag and drop template, like the new social media icons group. That would be a lot easier than uploading them all to the media library as individual files and asking users to search for the correct button each time they do a mailing.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi again, Marie! Our thought is that you can upload to your library only the buttons you find useful. That way, you don't have to wade through all of the options in the editor.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Me again. :) I just chatted with a product owner, and we’re wondering: Would you want buttons that already had words on them or blank options you could use the image editor to add text to? Or a mix of both?
Photo of Marie Gendron

Marie Gendron

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
A mix of both would be great. Most of the time, we'd probably use a standard Register Now/Sign Up Now but it would be great to be able to edit the text (and even the background color).
Photo of Western Energy Institute

Western Energy Institute

• 36 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I agree, this would be very helpful. We have different and specific call-to-action prompts so being stuck to "register now," etc. are too limiting. I would love blank options to add text.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Marie! I’m going to mark this as Not Planned for right now to set the expectation that while we haven’t wiped it from our minds, we aren’t planning to pursue it immediately. That status may change as our plans for the editor continue to evolve.
Photo of JCC Chicago

JCC Chicago

• 32 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thank you. Just want to point out that MailChimp has the button feature which allows for customizing the button color, text, etc. on the fly. The buttons then resize to full device width on smartphones.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Thanks for letting us know! It's a feature we're still talking about but don't have on the board right now.
Photo of Dan S

Dan S

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I know this is an old thread but more and more email services are adding code-based buttons (not images) to their drag-and-drop widgets menu. A good example of this is in the stellar GetResponse editor.

Buttons are a definite must have these days (with the ability to drop them inside a text block, not below it.)
(Edited)
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Dan! I saw a demo a couple weeks ago from our Product Team that included a button option. It's so early on in the process that I haven't mentioned it yet here -- We're still noodling it, recoding, stepping back, noodling again ... Buttons are definitely on our minds as terrific calls to action, and I'll update this thread once there's more news to share. :)
Photo of April Eve Images

April Eve Images

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Katie, 

I am trying to add code for my own buy now button, but the code won't save in the editor for some reason? Any suggestions?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! We aren't coders, but we're glad to take a look -- Mind creating a new conversation to share the code you're using?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi all! I'd love to hear if the new button option in the drag & drop editor satisfies this need for you. Mind jumping into an email in your account, pulling in the Button option from the lefthand side and editing it?

Photo of Wheelock College

Wheelock College

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
The new buttons are terrific! Exactly what I was looking for - we can even set the color and font to match our stylebook. Thanks very much for these!
-Marie
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Awesome! So glad to hear it.