How do I enter existing audience members into an automated workflow?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Hi there - 

We are new to myEmma and we wanted to set up an automated workflow that when someone is added to an audience list - they run through the automation program that we send. We are currently bringing people manually over from Marketo. 

How would we go about doing this?

Thanks!
Photo of ATLANTECH PROCESS TECHNOLOGY

ATLANTECH PROCESS TECHNOLOGY

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jason Keary

Jason Keary, Official Rep

• 31 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi! 

Thanks for reaching out! I'll be glad to help. 

There is not a way to trigger automation by an import just yet, so since you have already imported those contacts into your audience, the way to enter these contacts into the workflow would be by a date based trigger. In choosing when to send the first mailing, it is important to know that our system checks the data in the early morning hours (in some cases, before midnight) to see if it should send the mailing that day. If you upload your info during the day, the system won't check again until early morning of the next day.

Here is an article in the Emma Resource Center on date based workflows.

Each contact in your import will need a date stored in their contact record for the workflow to fire based upon. When you create the contact field, you will want to use the 'Date Picker' field type. You can read about how to manage contact fields here

I hope this helps and please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

- Jason