Adding new contacts got harder

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: EOL Clean up

Appreciate the changes y'all are making to improve Emma, but some of the recent changes to the Audience section have made things harder for some of our clients. 

In the first place -- as has been mentioned elsewhere in this forum -- the place to add an email address is not immediately obvious. I've had to point out to a couple of clients that the field at the top (which doesn't look like a field) is where you're supposed to enter the email address, rather than the "address" field down below. Seems like that's a minor UI change that could be implemented pretty easily. 

Just now I spoke with a client who is used to adding folks to his list using the "add contact" button. Before the changes, when you were added a new contact, you were redirected to a blank form so that it was easy to add another. Now, when you hit the save button, you're just stuck on the page for the contact that you just entered. It takes 2 clicks to get back to the "add a contact" button to add another. 

Could you add a "Save and Add Another" button that would save one contact and then direct you to the add a contact page? 

Thanks!
Photo of Meaghan

Meaghan, Champion

• 83 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of David Wright

David Wright, VP of Product Management

• 110 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Hi Meaghan, thanks for the feedback. We agree that it's not as clear as it should be on where to add a subscriber's email address in the new contact view. Here's the change we're planning to make in our July release, where you can enter the email information as a field in the "Contact info" section. Entering it here will update the main Email address field at the top:

I like your idea regarding "Save and Add Another". Kevin on our product design team put this together based on your feedback:

I'd love your take on both of these if you have time. Thanks!

Best,
David
Photo of SB Winery

SB Winery

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled New format is missing the "Save & add another" feature for entering emails into t....

Using Chrome, I am unable to find the "Save & add another" option when entering multiple email addresses into the same group. Is it still available and if not, can it be brought back?
Photo of David Wright

• 110 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Hey there, thanks for the feedback. Please see my note to Meaghan above. We're working to get this added into our July release. Would love your thoughts on the proposed design if you have time. Thanks!
Photo of SB Winery

SB Winery

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I like the addition of the "Save and add another" button. Hopefully this will carry over to remembering the group as well, as was the case previously, so that I won't have to scroll down the page (of our multiple group options) to find the single group that I want the contact added to.
Photo of Ferenczy Benefits Law Center LLP

Ferenczy Benefits Law Center LLP

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi folks!  It is now July 17, 2017.  Is the "save and add another" coming back anytime soon?

Also, when I look up a contact name and it is not found but something similar is found, how do I add the one I need to add?

Thanks so much!
Louise
Photo of David Wright

• 110 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Hi Louise,

We have designed the interactions out but we haven't started development yet. Sorry for the delay! Our primary focus for the Customers App team is segmentation but this work is near the top of the backlog.

I'm not sure I'm following your second question. Are you looking to add a new contact in this scenario, or edit the contact details of an existing contact?

Best,
David 
Photo of David Wright

• 110 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Meaghan,

We just released the ability to "save and add another" contact in the new interface.

We also updated the contact screen in early August to make the email field more obvious. Here are those two items in action:

Please let me know if those two updates address your feedback. Thank you!

Best,
David
Photo of Meaghan

Meaghan, Champion

• 83 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Perfect! Thanks for this update! I've got a client who is going to be thrilled!