All AOL email addresses are being removed from our mailing list. Why?

  • 2
  • Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: EOL Clean up

Hello,

We send out a daily newsletter that people have signed up for, yet every mailing, we seem to be losing 40-60 AOL email subscribers. Why is this happening?!?!
Photo of bvar

bvar

  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 1 year ago

  • 2
Photo of Anthony Miranda

Anthony Miranda, Customer Support Specialist

  • 135 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Hi there,

I'd like to get some more information on this to dig in a bit further. We definitely want to find out the cause for that trend!

-When you say they are being removed, are they changing to error or opt-out status?
-Are you noticing that it seems to be the same group of people that you need to keep adding back in, or is it different contacts every time but still AOL addresses?
-What account and mailing should I take a look at for some info on this?

Any info you can provide would be helpful in getting to the bottom of this!
Photo of bvar

bvar

  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,

They are changing to error as hard bounces. It is new email addresses each time. The Beat DC is our subaccount name and the most recently mailing where this occurred was: 10-12-17 PG EDITS
Photo of bvar

bvar

  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello,

We are still waiting for further information on this issue. Is someone still looking into it?
Photo of Tschetter & Associates

Tschetter & Associates

  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I noticed in our last mailing that most if not all of our hard bounces are AOL email addresses. Any update on this? 
Photo of Anthony Miranda

Anthony Miranda, Customer Support Specialist

  • 135 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Thanks for hanging in there while we got some attention on your reported bounce issues with AOL address. I've spoken with our delivery team and wanted to update you on what we've found.

We've identified that there was a temporary issues with sending specifically to AOL addresses. The troubles line up with the examples provided here, so I'm confident that was the cause of your spike in bounces. The good news is that this issue is now behind us, and we aren't seeing that it's causing any delivery troubles at this point.

If you have AOL contacts that were moved to error status in that span of time, you can move them back to Active status to continue sending to them. 

Let me know if there are any lingering questions on this.