anyone know what is happening with Emma today? Site Issues or just us?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Emma Issues
Photo of Advancement

Advancement

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of UW La Crosse- Make$ Cents

UW La Crosse- Make$ Cents

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No clue- I was going to ask the same thing.
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi, Yes! We do know what's up.

Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a widely used 3rd party infrastructure provider for web sites and web based applications. They are experiencing a significant outage which is impacting Emma and many other web based systems. They've posted an alert here (https://status.aws.amazon.com/).

You may also experience slow loading pages or outages with other sites until AWS is fully back online. We will continue to monitor the situation and post updates as we know more.

Very sorry for the interruption here. Maybe go enjoy a coffee or snack while the internet heals?

Cheers!
Kyle
Photo of Advancement

Advancement

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks so much for the info  - I noticed all of our open rates for recent mailings on the home page is showing 0 and it says no recent mailings might that come back when the issues are resolved?
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
At this point I can't directly attribute that to this issue. But, it is highly likely that the error there is related to this outage. If those numbers do not update within 30 minutes of AWS coming back online, we can dig in and see what else might be causing that problem.

-- Kyle
Photo of Advancement

Advancement

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks!
Photo of The Alexander Group

The Alexander Group

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Having the same issue - was going to screen cap my february open rates etc and they're not there. 
Photo of Pinkstaff Photographers

Pinkstaff Photographers

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Kyle, if we don't send out the email blast today we will send 2 for the month of March and be charged for it. Can I send tomorrow and have it count towards February?  Thanks.
Photo of BaldrigeCoach

BaldrigeCoach

• 2 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I have the same question.
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi Pinkstaff, we are inclined to believe that this particular interruption will be resolved well before close of business today. So, I am hopeful that you will be able to send your February mailing prior to the end of the month.

As for how that may impact your billing, we are not yet able to provide instruction or insight there. If you do have specific concerns, please feel free to email us directly at support@myemma.com.
Photo of Advancement

Advancement

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Still thinking it will be resolved today? I am in the same boat and need to send an email today? 
Photo of Advancement

Advancement

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
when I try to log in this is all I see -  We are currently experiencing problems.
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi Advancement, yes, we updated our login experience to limit access to the Emma Application. That landing page text has now been updated with a bit more detail but still lacks Emma branding due to some unique user contracts. A more complete update will regularly be posted to myemma.com/status.
Photo of K

K

• 16 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
According to Amazon's status page, they've been up for about an hour.  Any idea on timeline for Emma? Also, as a side note, it would be helpful to have a time zone indication on the Emma/status page.
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi K, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is coming back online for serving data via S3.Our infrastructure team just finished a call with our AWS contact to confirm that we are seeing accurate information there. You can see that although they are posting as [resolved] here (https://status.aws.amazon.com/) for S3 further down the page there are yellow warning icons for specific data systems. Emma, like many other web based services also relies on those specific systems. We are watching closely and will restore Emma functionality as soon as possible.
Photo of Vivint Solar

Vivint Solar

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Experiencing the same issues as well.
Photo of Benevilla Agency

Benevilla Agency

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No Luck with EMMA today !!
Photo of UT Southwestern Medical Center

UT Southwestern Medical Center

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same issues - I have a deadline today!!!!!
Photo of K Moss

K Moss

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Specifically - are y'all having issues with past campaign metrics showing up, or getting in to modify current campaigns?
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi K Moss,

Amazon Web Services is used to support a broad range of actions within your Emma account. I expect that as they get their systems back online there will be inconsistencies in app performance until they are back to 100%.
Photo of BaldrigeCoach

BaldrigeCoach

• 2 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I was working on a campaign when Emma crashed. Then it wouldn't let me log in. Now I can log in, but when I click on "edit" the saved campaign, nothing loads.
Photo of K

K

• 16 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Whole Response page won't load on our end, or any campaigns we are working on. Hopefully Amazon gets this figured out and fixed soon, we also have project deadlines for more than just our Emma sends that this is affecting.
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Official Response
For those of you following along here, we have just restored access to the Emma application. There is a decent amount of data to be processed as we get everything back online. Don't be surprised if you see some slow loading pages or odd behavior as these systems process through their respective backlogs. Our team is monitoring things closely and will continue to keep an eye on things through the night.