Are Emma campaigns permanently stored? Is so, is there any kind of archive that can be made accessible to the public?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Photo of Metro Nashville Arts Commission

Metro Nashville Arts Commission

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • inquisitive

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Meaghan

Meaghan, Champion

• 83 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Each campaign is available via a publicly-accessible link. You can find that link by viewing the response data for your campaign and clicking on the "Online version" link that can be found on the left hand side. It is my understanding that these links are only available for 18 months after the campaign was sent, so they aren't permanently stored. 
Photo of Healthy Futures of Texas

Healthy Futures of Texas

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
If the links aren't permanently stored through Emma, if we were to post the link within the 18 months to our website (for a newsletter archive) would the link break after 18 months or would it still function after that time period?
Photo of Meaghan

Meaghan, Champion

• 83 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
The links break after 18 months (you'll get a 404 error). So if you're looking for a permanent newsletter archive option, your best bet is to store the newsletters on your own website; you could do that by creating html versions of the emails as web pages, or created PDFs of the emails and store them that way. 
I don't see an option on the left to create an online version. However, I did see a link on the right to create a webview. Is that the same thing? Is there a simple way to create the html version?
Photo of Meaghan

Meaghan, Champion

• 83 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Yes, the response section has been updated since my original reply. The webview link is now on the right; that's the way to generate a link to view your email on the web, but it's precisely that link that only works for 18 months. To store them beyond that point, you'll have to have a way to store them on your own website, and the way you create those versions will depend on how your website is set up. You can view the HTML code of the webview version (use the view page source option in your browser) and copy and paste that code into a page on your website. Or you can save that webview page as a PDF and store the PDF on your website.