Audience group listings are slow to refresh and may display outdated counts.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: queue clean up

So I deleted one of my audience groups, and re-uploaded since most of them were labeled as errors due to spaces. Now when I got to my audiences, the ones I re-uploaded say I have 0 active but when I actually open the group, I see the full list of all the active contacts. Any reason why the audience overall number isn't accurately reflecting?
Photo of Isaac Kiehl

Isaac Kiehl

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • concerned

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Josué F. Machado

Josué F. Machado, Champion

• 76 Posts
  • 49 Reply Likes
This is an annoying bug in Emma but here's a little trick that might help until the bug is fixed. If you go into the audience and pick any user, remove the user from the group and then add the user back again. In most cases, that forces a refresh of the audience totals and updates the numbers. Let me know if it helps.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Isaac -- Those audience totals on the groups page can be a little delayed in updating. If you're still seeing a discrepancy there, let me know what sub account you're working in and I'll give it a nudge! :)
(Edited)
Photo of Isaac Kiehl

Isaac Kiehl

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Emily,

So in Redefine Laser Spa, you can see the top tab says 0 active contacts, but all the contacts are listed. So if I send to the list, it says 0...will it send to all the contacts still or not?

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey Isaac -- Thanks for those details. I'm digging into it this morning to see what's going on there. When you open the group, are you seeing all of the contacts that should be in there? How many contacts did you import into that group?
Photo of Isaac Kiehl

Isaac Kiehl

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Emily! I am able to see all contacts and I re-uploaded the original 45 contacts or so.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Great! I think that this is just a case of slow updating. I imported a list of 2 contacts into a new group to test and the group count displayed correctly right away. Can you try reimporting that list to the same group using Add & Update to see if we can push that count to update? Thanks!
Photo of Isaac Kiehl

Isaac Kiehl

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just imported again add add/updated, but still the same end result -- no contacts showing in the count!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey Isaac -- Thanks for hanging in here with me. I'm looping in our tier two support team to take a closer look at what's going on here. I'll update you when I know more!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Isaac -- Sorry for my delay in getting back to you here!!

My tier two team was digging into this but were'nt able to pin down the exact cause of the group count delay. It looks like your group count eventually updated. 

Are you still seeing delays in your audience, or is everything looking good to you now?

Thanks!
Photo of VCU

VCU

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same issue. And I have to send emails on the fly. This needs to be fixed or I am getting a new service. 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi VCU -- We're currently experiencing a delay in group counts updating. You can read more about that over here! We'll be updating that thread as those delays continue to decrease.
Photo of Jennifer Berger

Jennifer Berger

• 18 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi! I'm having this problem too. My group name is counterintuitive, but trust me: "5All except ERRORS". All 1212 errors are actually Active contacts. I want to be able to email these folks ASAP!

Thanks for whatever you can do! 

-- Jennifer

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Jennifer -- The bug we're talking about here affects the counts listed on your group tabs. When the bug is in play, the listings IN the tabs are correct but the numbers ON the tabs are not. I'm not sure that's what we're seeing here in your "5All except ERRORS" group. I'm actually seeing 118 active and 1095 error contacts in those tabs. 

If those contacts don't belong in error, you can change their status back to active which would move them over to the active tab. Scanning that list of error contacts, I see an error reason of "delivery" for most contacts. Are you sure these contacts should be reactivated? 
Photo of FastWireCash

FastWireCash

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My lists are showing 0 after importing as well.  What's going on here?

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi FastWireCash -- You're experiencing this bug, where audience group listings can be slow to refresh and sometimes display an outdated number. We hope to have this bug resolved soon, but in the meantime there are a two things you can try to get those group counts to update when needed: 

1. Add a contact manually to the group using the "Add Contact" button on the Audience tab. I did this in your account, and those totals in the "WHC Due Date Reminder 2" group.
2. Copy all contacts in the group to a new group. 

These are workarounds obviously, but they should allow you to see those accurate group counts while we work to resolve this bug!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi friends -- I'm happy to report that this bug is fixed! You should find your audience group counts updating much faster and more reliably. :) Thanks for your patience with this one, and do let us know if you see any inconsistencies moving forward.