Automatic personal greeting in the body of the campaign

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

In each Emma email that we send to target recipient, we will
begin the text with “Dear xxx”. I am seeking guidance on how to import the first name from the audicence list in the Excel database to the “xxx” location in each email automaticlly. 

Thank you very much for the valuable help.

Photo of Eric Lee

Eric Lee

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Planetree

Planetree

• 19 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Eric,
This is actually fairly straight-forward (if I'm understanding your question correctly. Once you have your contacts uploaded to your Emma account. Open your mailing. Put your cursor after the word Dear in the text html editor. There is an "insert" icon in the upper right of the toolbar (next to the hyperlink icon). If you click that, you'll see 'personalization, click that. It will insert the correct code for pulling whatever personalization field you want into that space. It defaults to adding First Name, but you can change that to other fields from a dropdown that will appear on the left side of the toolbar. I've tried to point these areas out in this image.

I hope that's helpful. If this is what you were looking for, and still have questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Good luck!
Karen
kandazola@planetree.org
Photo of Eric Lee

Eric Lee

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It works! Thanks for the information! :) 
(Edited)