Turn off or adjust table borders

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
I'm using the new feature for inserting a table. In the past I did it via "insert code." Now looking back at my archives, I see that the border="0" customization is being over-ridden by perhaps a style that sets the border to "1". How do I remove these border lines?
Photo of Judicial Council of California

Judicial Council of California

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • sad

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
I'm so sorry to hear that you're sad! There isn't a way to turn off or adjust borders at this time. As a workaround, you can create your table in a regular text box, then copy the HTML. The formatting toolbar's code icon looks like this:

Drag over an HTML block from the lefthand column, and insert the table code. The magic that happens to add borders in the regular text boxes doesn't happen in the HTML block, so your table will render without borders. You can also use this trick to adjust border colors/thickness, if you're HTML-savvy, and it sounds like you are.

I'm changing this topic to an idea and adjusting the subject line so we can track how many folks are seeking this.
Photo of The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How can I adjust a table's border?.

With the new table feature, how do you loose the small hairline border around each cell? Does this have to be done with html or can you fix using the editor?

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the How do I create a table in the drag & drop editor? topic.
Photo of Chartwell Capital Solutions

Chartwell Capital Solutions

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
In addition to wanting to eliminate the border around each of the cells, it would also be nice to be able to have different colored texts within one cell like you can in constant contact...
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! I'm moving your comment to a new topic so we can track your idea. Please reference the new topic here: Multiple text colors within one table cell
Photo of PCS Mobile

PCS Mobile

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I used tables a lot in the previous versions of the Editor and would love to once again turn off the table borders in an email. It makes it so much easier to align text especially when using bullets.
Photo of FPL Advisory Group

FPL Advisory Group

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do I remove the outline of a table that I have placed into an email?.

I've placed a couple of tables into an email and it outlines every table in a great color. I don't want them outlined.
Photo of Bricker & Eckler

Bricker & Eckler

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Any timeline for providing better tables? Everytime I call I ask about it and am told "it's coming" but nearly a year later we're still using a workaround.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! We still don’t have plans right now to create a table border adjustment tool for our table feature, yet it sounds as though you may be referring to other table enhancements. Do you remember who you were working with on the type of table tools you’re seeking? I’m not spotting a recent phone record about tables from your account, so I’d like to check in with the Support Teamer with whom you’ve been in touch so I can get up to speed.

Do feel free to create separate new idea posts for each feature enhancement you seek. I’ll take those to our product teams for review so we can get an idea of the timeframe, if we’re pursuing those ideas.
Photo of Remy Bumppo Theatre Company

Remy Bumppo Theatre Company

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi. I'd like an easy method to remove table borders.  This work around is needlessly complicated.
Photo of Sagent Advisors

Sagent Advisors

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Remove table border.

How can we remove the border on a table, I don't see anything in the editor tool and setting border="0" does not seem to make a difference.  We are looking to align text and tables are the only way to do it, but we can't have a border.
Photo of Florence-Lauderdale Public Library

Florence-Lauderdale Public Library

• 25 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I tried the HTML workaround, and it didn't work well at all.  When I inserted the code and clicked save, the text from the table appeared, but the spacing was completely different (essentially, my text was all close together instead of being spread out like it was in the table). I'm trying to create a horizontal navigation bar to include at the top of my emails that will link to different areas of the website. Any tips on how to do this?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! I'm creating a new space for us to troubleshoot this. I'll still add your vote on the original thread, too. :)

Please reference the new conversation here: Spacing is off when I paste my table's code into an HTML block
Photo of CPP Global

CPP Global

• 14 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
It looks like there is still no way to turn off the cell borders on a table?  
This would be so great to have because this is the only way, that I have found, to line up bulleted lists.  
Photo of Meridian International Center

Meridian International Center

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Agree with the other commenters, I would also like a way to be able to turn off the borders on a table.
Photo of AustinTexas.org

AustinTexas.org

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Having an issue with removing border from table.

I am having the same issue with the table border. Went the route of
copying the code and dropping into a new HTML drag and drop but the
spacing is off. I've been trying to edit the code by hand with no luck.
Any help? (using Firefox41)
Photo of Melissanthi Saliba

Melissanthi Saliba

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,
I am also in need of eliminating the table border for my clients.
The temporary work around is not a solution, as my clients are unable to edit the text of the template through the GUI and they have to edit the text through accessing the html code, which could cause problems to the template.
It seems that a lot of other users are in need of a border elimination feature. Is this issue close to being resolved?
Best,
Melissanthi
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey friends -- Thanks for your added votes here. I've updated the status here to Under consideration, as our team works to unpack what kind of work this update would entail.
Photo of Wyoming Whiskey, Inc.

Wyoming Whiskey, Inc.

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
White line table brutality! 
Photo of SIFMA

SIFMA

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Has the simple function or border 0 been accomplished yet? You have no idea how happy that would make my team Thanks!!!!