Mailing posts to wrong Facebook page

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: outdated info

I'm having trouble posting to my Facebook business page instead of my personal page. How can I switch pages?
Photo of FAQ

FAQ

• 44 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
You can change the Facebook page linked to your Emma social settings by following these steps:

1. Log out of Facebook in your web browser.

2. Return to your social settings screen by heading to your Response page, clicking the downward-pointing arrow next to your campaign and selecting "share on social profile." In the popup box, click the link to adjust the social settings (you may have to disconnect and reconnect).

3. The Post dropdown should show your other Facebook pages now.
(Edited)
Photo of Domenick Casuccio

Domenick Casuccio

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I've tried this and it still posts to my personal page even after I select the museum's company page to receive the post. Also, it ignores the time scheduled and posts it immediately.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I'm sorry to hear this, John! I wonder if you're somehow still logged into Facebook at the time you're changing from your personal page to the museum's page, and Emma's picking that up. Would you mind clearing your web browser's cache and cookies, shutting down the browser and restarting it, and then walking through the steps above? Please keep me posted with how this turns out for you.

Regarding the issue with scheduled posts, my colleague Cassie is working on that for you here.

Domenick Casuccio

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Katie,
Thanks for responding. I'm an administrator for the museum page and I select the museum page in the drop down to accept the campaign post. This has worked successfully in the past except for the past 2 times it's posted to my personal page instead of the museum page. I'm just not sure why it's not working now.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Have you been using the same browser the past two times it's happened? Are you able to clear that browser's cache and cookies to give it a refresher before attempting the above account switch steps again? That would help us make sure you're totally logged out of Facebook in that browser, since closing the browser tab where Facebook's open won't be enough.

If you clear cache and cookies, select the museum page and yet it's still posting to your personal page, I'd love to walk through the same steps as you to see what we're missing. If we get to this step, send your Emma and Facebook usernames and passwords, Attn: Katie Lewis, to support@myemma.com. I'll grab it from there to log in as you.

Also, is the museum's page set up as a business page account or a group/community page account? And do you know which admin role you fill?
Photo of The Stockade Consulting Group, Inc.

The Stockade Consulting Group, Inc.

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How to post to Facebook as a company Page, not a personal FB account.

I can't post as my company page - it keeps linking to my personal Facebook page. This is the message that I get "You are posting as a Page - To continue, you'll need to switch from using Facebook as The Stockade Consulting Group to using Facebook as Ashley Dale." How do I post as my company page? I have full admin access to my company page, but I'm having trouble having our daily newsletter that I send out through Emma posting to our company page AS our company, NOT as myself! PLEASE HELP!
Photo of Home America Intown

Home America Intown

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How do i change the facebook account associated with myemma?.

Does anyone know how to change the setting for which Facebook account is associated? I want to post things to my account but it is automatically choosing the wrong account (my personal rather than my work)
Photo of UltraSource LLC

UltraSource LLC

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Facebook Social Sharing: Wall vs. Brand Page.

With social sharing, it allows me to select to post to the Facebook brand's page, however in practice it always posts to my user account wall and not the brand page. Can you help resolve this issue?
Photo of Visions HealthCare

Visions HealthCare

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Facebook posting to wrong page.

After sending an email campaign, there is the option to share on social media.  I schedule it to post to facebook at a later time and select my company facebook page yet it still posts to my page instead.  I need support resolving this issue. (Using Chrome)

Best,
Stephanie 

Domenick Casuccio

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I've repeatedly had this issue and have communicated it to the support staff at Emma however nothing was able to be resolved.  To resolve it myself, I wait until the campaign goes out and then post to social media once the campaign has been sent.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
John, I’m sorry to hear you still had this trouble after we last chatted. I didn’t hear from you and figured it was resolved. I’m more than happy to continue troubleshooting, if you’ll answer my above questions from Oct. 4.

Domenick Casuccio

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Katie,
Yeah I followed all of your steps.  I'm using the updated version of Chrome for my campaigns and I've cleared the cache/cookies.

I'm the main administrator on the page and our page is setup as a business page.

Hootsuite and other third party sites post to our social media sites just fine.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
John, I’ve added a new product to your account called Emma Social. It’s our beta social posting tool, and I’ve added it so we can see if the problem persists using this.

The next time you log in, you'll see a thin, black navigation bar at the top of your screen with a link to Social. We’re gearing up for a wider release of this product very soon. As a member of this beta, you’ll have access to the product free for the life of your account. All we ask is for a little feedback on your experience using it while it’s still in its early stages. If that’s cool with you, we’ll likely reach out to you via email in the future to see how it’s going or send you a few email surveys to answer some basic questions on social media marketing in general. I also encourage you to take advantage of Emma Community here if you’d like to post any questions, comments or feedback while using it. 

I really appreciate you giving this a go, John. I know you’ve had some trouble in the past with your posts going out properly, and I’m hopeful that this will resolve the problem. Please keep me in the loop!
Photo of eanderson

eanderson

• 16 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Social media share posting to personal Facebook page instead of organization's pa....

I love the social media share options after scheduling a email campaign. I have found however, that when it posts to Facebook, it posts on my personal page instead of our organization's page (a page I manage). This happened the first time, but I was new to EMMA and figured I must have set it up wrong even though I remembered selected our org page to post to. So the next time I sent a message I made sure that our org's page was selected and scheduled the message to send. Our message went out today and again it posted to my personal page instead of the org's page. Am I missing something or is there a glitch? 
Photo of Kathy Richardson

Kathy Richardson

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I cannot get the sharing app to work at all. The drop down shows Pages but it will not let me select this. I've tried this in 3 different browsers and have had the same result in each one. Obviously most users of Emma only want to post to their work pages not their personal pages so this is incredibly frustrating.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey Kathy -- A few questions to get started here... 

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting your facebook account there in the social connector? 
Will you please let me know the name of the account in which you're working? (The account name appears on your Emma invoices. That should be enough for me to jump in and check it out; no need to give the account ID.)

Photo of Kathy Richardson

Kathy Richardson

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the response. Yes, I've repeatedly connected and disconnected. Basically that Pages item in the drop down isn't working at all, in any browser, no matter how many times I clear cache & disconnect. Also, it won't even let me share the mailing to my own personal wall.  I'm working with someone is customer service to try to resolve this. In the meantime I shared a link to the mailing. But there does appear to be a problem in sharing these mailings on social media when I can't even share it to my wall.
Photo of Mission Enablers

Mission Enablers

• 30 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Was the issue where posts on Facebook are posted immediately and not as scheduled resolved? I'm experiencing that now.

Thanks,

Heather

Domenick Casuccio

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
No, not to my knowledge. The easiest work-around that I've found is to totally disconnect Emma from your Facebook account. After the campaign emails and send then you can access the online version of the campaign and compose a post in Twitter or Facebook or use Hootsuite, etc. You will get better metrics on your post that way as well and you won't need to worry about Emma posting it at the wrong time or onto the wrong page.
Photo of Mission Enablers

Mission Enablers

• 30 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thanks, Domenick! I appreciate the help!

Heather
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi again -- You mentioned over here that you're scheduling these posts from the send success page. Does that still hold true here, or are you sheduling them from the Response tab after your send is complete? Thanks!