Can I remove Share This Email (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and forward) from footer?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Is it possible in the Code your Own mailing and how do I do it?
Photo of Cantaloupe

Cantaloupe

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Benton Cummings

Benton Cummings, Senior Manager, Customer Support

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi!

You can make the "Share this email..." portion of the footer invisible by:
1. from within the editor while using the Use Your Own HTML template, click on the box that contains the "Share this email:" with the social icons in the footer.
2. a small popup will appear just beside this block, and you can uncheck all of the social sharing options in order to hide this feature.

If all sharing options are unchecked, the block won't appear in your mailing.

Thanks, and I hope this helps!!
Photo of Beck Aboard

Beck Aboard

• 20 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hey, Benton! You didn't address how to insert into the email the same sharing feature the footer. I would like to offer to forward the email via Twitter, email, etc. but would like it positioned much higher (in the text of the email). Can I do this as a novice html person?
Photo of Benton Cummings

Benton Cummings, Senior Manager, Customer Support

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi there!

You can actually grab the JSON markup for the social share options at the bottom of this Template Builder article.

The basic tag is:
[% share:email url_only="true" %] 

As you'll see in the article, you can replaceemailwithfacebook, twitter,orlinkedin to suit your needs in your mailing. The tag can be used instead of a URL in linked text or images, and you can use it in place of the URL in an <a> tag if you're using code to build your mailing.

I hope this helps!
Photo of Beck Aboard

Beck Aboard

• 20 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thanks,  Benton.

Works like a charm!