Can I sync bounces into my Salesforce org?

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not a Problem
I've run a campaign in Emma and successfully synced my opens into Salesforce. I also want to sync my bounces so I have visibility in SF.  Is this possible?

Chrome
Photo of To A Finish

To A Finish

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated and hopeful

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi there -- There isn't a way to sync mailing bounces over into the Emma Mailings response in Salesforce, but the integration does sync whether or not a contact is in error status (as a result of a bounce). Whether or not someone is in error status is reflected on the lead/contact record. 
Photo of To A Finish

To A Finish

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok, thx for the help.  A few questions

-I'm noticing it only Hard Bounces trigger the Error field in SF?  
-In order to separate the Soft from the Hard bounces do I have to do an export or can it be done in Emma?

thx again for your help. 
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hard bounces will flip an address to error status immediately. Addresses that soft bounce will remain in active status until the fourth consecutive soft bounce. So any address in error status in SF will have either soft bounced four times or hard bounced upon sending to that address. 

The bounce type isn't included in exports from Emma, since we sort them for you by changing their status when necessary. You can look at the group (in Emma or SF) that you sent a particular mailing to and assume that anyone in error status in that group has either hard bounced or has several soft bounces.