Can I upload audio to an email?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Is it possible to have an audio clip play in an email?  Any size restrictions?
Photo of Hells Canyon Preservation Council

Hells Canyon Preservation Council

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Laura Dickerson

Laura Dickerson, Official Rep

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hello,

While you can't embed a sound file into a mailing, you can link out to sound file. Our document library will hold these types of files: .swf, .mpeg, .mp4 (audio),  and .wav files.

Every account can get up to 50 MB of free document storage space in their account. We aren't able to provide more than that, but there are many online hosting companies that could host the documents for you so that you can still link to them. 
(Edited)
Photo of Hells Canyon Preservation Council

Hells Canyon Preservation Council

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So, to clarify, when "linking out" to a sound file, the recipient would be directed away from the email?  Thanks for the response. 
Photo of Laura Dickerson

Laura Dickerson, Official Rep

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
That is correct. To the recipient, it can be a seamless transition, if you set it up well. A sound file hosted on Emma will take them to a page that will allow them to play it. If you want the "prettier" option, I would host the file on a site. If you take a screenshot of the landing page and load the image in your mailing with the hyperlink - to the recipient, it will feel seamless.
Photo of Jo Ott

Jo Ott

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Laura-- the response you provided to another individual regarding long-running script did not correct the problems.  I have the same long-running script problem and followed your instructions.  The boxes you say to check were already checked & the box to clear was already cleared.  So now what.  I how do we get rid of the long-running script once & for all?