Is it possible to fill out a survey multiple times?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Can we fill in information in a survey for multiple people who don't have access to computers? We have information to input, but could only do so for one person.
Photo of Woods Fund of Chicago

Woods Fund of Chicago

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- Yes, you can! You'll just need to host that survey publically (rather than visiting it from a link sent through one of your mailings) in order to fill it out multiple times. I've explained that in more detail here!

Let me know if that doesn't answer your question!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
I've also updated the subject line here so that users with the same question will be able to find the answer easily!
Photo of Liz Stephenson

Liz Stephenson

• 35 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Repeat Survey Takers.

Can Emma allow a survey embedded into an email to be taken more than one time? We use surveys all the time as RSVPs, and our users may click the link but not complete the survey/ RSVP at that time. When that same user returns, they are unable to fill out the survey. Or is that a user/ set up error on our part?

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Liz -- Can you elaborate on what your users see when they attempt to fill out your survey after visiting the link for the second time? Are they directed to the thank you page or an error page of some kind? Are they able to fill it out but not hit submit?

Any additional details you have would be helpful!
Photo of Liz Stephenson

Liz Stephenson

• 35 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Hi Emily - thanks for the quick reply.

I am seeing the Thank You page rather than the ability to see the RSVP/ Survey page. Granted I am also the tester for most of our emails.

The most recent issue occurred on an RSVP for a retirement luncheon for a staff member. I can reach out to the recipients who clicked the RSVP link but did not fill out the survey and see what happened to them when they came back around.

Thanks - Liz

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey Liz -- Thanks for the additional info. 

Those survey links become personalized went sent out through Emma, so anyone that has already *taken* the survey will be directed to that Thank You page when revisiting the survey link. To avoid this, you can host the survey link publicly on your website or Facebook page and direct people to that link in your reminder email. Since the link isn't being sent through an email it will remain public and be fresh for each visitor.

I would like to know if recipients that are simply visiting but not taking the survey are somehow being directed to the thank you page upon revisiting that link. Thanks!