Can I access the HTML version of an email I create with the Emma tools?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

I wanted to run it through some spam checkers before sending it out. I wasn't able to find a way to access it on my own.
Photo of STORIS

STORIS

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
When you say you want to access the HTML version, do you mean the HTML code behind the mailing? If so, there isn't HTML behind the complete mailing, but you can view the HTML behind each individual text box by placing your cursor in a text box and clicking the formatting toolbar icon that looks like this:

Is this what you're seeking?
Photo of STORIS

STORIS

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I do mean the HTML code behind the mailing. I was looking for the complete HTML code for the entire email, so the individual text boxes aren't exactly what I need. Thank you for your response!
Photo of McKissock

McKissock

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
If you send a test of the email to yourself, you can right click to view the source code. If you have trouble doing that right from the email itself, use the "view online" link at the top, then do it from your browser. I think you lose the header info from the email, but this should show you the html code of the body of the email.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Ah, sorry you can't get exactly what you need. Out of curiosity, what type of spam checker are you using to run the HTML?
Photo of Western Energy Institute

Western Energy Institute

• 36 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
As a follow up to this, I am partnering with another company and they are sending a mailing on our behalf, to their contact list. Is there a way to get the code which (including the purchased custom template) so the other company can make it look to follow our brand?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Is the other company sending on your behalf using Emma? If so, we might need a bit more information, because it sounds as though there might be a permissions issue. To send to someone using Emma, the recipient must be:
  • Someone who is a customer, member or subscriber of your business or organization,
  • Someone who has specifically asked to receive your emails by opting in or signing up in some way, or
  • Someone who has bought a product or service from you in the past 18 months.
That means that if the members of their contact list aren't your customers, haven't asked to receive your emails or haven't done business with you, they can't be sent to.

But to answer your question, there isn't a way to get the template's code, and it won't work outside of Emma. Were you looking to move it to another Emma account?
Photo of Western Energy Institute

Western Energy Institute

• 36 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
No, they weren't sending from Emma. They were promoting one of our programs by sending from their internal servers to their mail list. It was to be branded to look like it came from us, but since our email branding is via Emma we didn't have email HTML design to share, i.e. we didn't send a company branded email.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I see. What you might consider doing the next time you need that to happen is right-clicking and saving your header image to use elsewhere. It won't be HTML, but perhaps in the work that company is doing, they're able to use an image?

You could also click the image and drag it to your desktop; this screenshot attempts to show which piece of the template would move: