Can I resend a survey (same list) out to those who have not responded and avoid re-sending to those that have responded?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I'd like to send out a reminder to the same mailing list, to complete a survey. But I'd like to omit those who have completed it. Is that possible? Thanks!
Photo of Western Energy Institute

Western Energy Institute

• 36 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Cassie Berman

Cassie Berman, Alum

• 153 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Indeed you can. A timely nudge is a great way to get more people to respond to your survey. Here’s how to do it:

View your survey's response in Emma and export the results to Excel. One column of the export will include the email addresses of the survey-takers. Import these folks into your Emma audience as a "survey-takers group." A dynamic search will allow you to identify who's in the main group you sent to but *not* in this survey-takers group. And then you'll be able to send the survey reminder to that search group.

Simple and smart. So glad you asked!
Photo of Chinook Medical Gear

Chinook Medical Gear

• 36 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Isn't there a more direct route to sending an email reminder to customers that didn't take a survey? It is such a common task. Would be great if this were more automated so that both emails (original survey request and follow up to those that haven't taken it yet) could be created and scheduled on the same day and be done with it. But I'm guessing that this will require additional programming.
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi! You're right that this will require additional programming. It isn't planned for now, but we are tracking interest in this here! I've gone ahead and added your account to the list of folks seeking this, and feel free to head to that conversation and click to follow it so you can stay up to date on its development.
Photo of EO NY

EO NY

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
we are looking to resend a campaign, only to those who did not OPEN a campaign. is there a way to send to non-0peners. 
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi! Yep, you'll find those steps here.
Photo of Garden Club of Nashville

Garden Club of Nashville

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
We would find that useful as well!
Photo of R&R

R&R

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Avoid sending duplicate emails at different times?.

We did a campaign several months ago asking our clients to complete a survey about their experience with us.  We now want to send a similar campaign to another group of clients.  We import the emails from our client database, but we want to make very sure that we don't send this new campaign to anyone who received the last one.  What's the best way to do that?  Thanks!
Photo of R&R

R&R

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Perfect -- sorry I missed that you had answered this already!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Oh, no worries at all! :)
Photo of R&R

R&R

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Actually, I just realized this doesn't accomplish what I'm
trying to do, so I hope you have another idea for me.  I want to make sure
that we don't send this new survey request to anyone that we sent it to last
year (whether or not they opened or clicked on the email).  When I did the
export, it only gave me the emails of those who opened it or clicked on it,
etc.  Is there any way to export ALL of the names we sent it to, regardless of whether they did anything?  Or
-- from the response tab -- is there any way to make a group of everyone who received
a particular mailing?

Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Could you create a search to find members *in* the group you previously sent the survey to and *not in* the group you want to send to now? Here’s a similar conversation that walks through the steps.
Photo of R&R

R&R

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This conversation seemed like it would be perfect, but I can't get it to work.  It says:
1) Go to your Response page, and click on the mailing you previously sent. Click to view those members who received the campaign, then click the button that reads "Save this tab as a search."
I don't see any option from that screen that says "Save this tab as a search." -- what am I missing?  Sorry if I'm just missing it, and thanks for the help!

Photo of Cassie Berman

Cassie Berman, Alum

• 153 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Let's route it out:

1. Go to the response page and find your last mailing about the survey.

2. Click the drop-down arrow on the right side of the page to view that mailing's response.

3. Notice the "Response trends over time" chart on right side of the mailing response page.

4. A section labeled "The send off" is below that chart, and "Emails received" is the first line in that section.

5. Click on the orange bar graph to the right of the words "Emails received."

6. You'll see the list of all recipients and on the uppper right, a button that looks like this:

7. Click that button and you'll land in the audience section, looking at a search containing everyone who received that mailing.

8. Choose select all members and copy them to a group.

By following these steps, you will now have a group containing everyone who received your previous email regarding the survey. From there you can create a search to find people in your new group and *not in* the original list of recipients. Click here to read how that’s done. The final product will be a search that's weeded out anyone who got the original email, and pulled in everyone you want to get it now, which I personally think is awful nice.
(Edited)
Photo of R&R

R&R

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Got it -- that's exactly what I needed.  Thanks for the help!