Can one person complete the same survey multiple times?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We've created an "evaluation" survey to send our volunteers after each wish is completed (I work for Make-A-Wish so when I say wish I mean ones that volunteers were assigned to). I plan to send this same link to people over and over getting feedback about different situations. Is this doable. I've had trouble sending the link a few times, for instance after I did a "test" response myself- the link automatically took them to the "Thanks for completing" text which made me worry it's a one time deal.

Help please :)

Katie
Photo of Make-A-Wish Oklahoma

Make-A-Wish Oklahoma

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Katie! You're able to take a survey once because your browser caches it. That means that if you access that survey link again, your browser will recognize you've already taken the survey and direct you to the thank you page.

To get around this, you can take the survey in a new web browser or clear your current browser's cache and cookies, shutting down the browser and restarting it before attempting again.

Let me know if you have questions about this!
(Edited)
Photo of Erdman Anthony

Erdman Anthony

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Will the cache and cookies be cleared each time you shut down? Or do you have to clear them manually?

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
You’ll need to clear them manually unless you’ve set up your browser to automatically clear them upon closing. I generally use Firefox and Chrome at work and Safari at home, and none of these clear cache and cookies when I shut them down.
Photo of Erdman Anthony

Erdman Anthony

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Thanks Katie.