Can I cancel an a split test that is in progress?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I just sent out a subject line split test for our email newsletter and realized there was an error in the email. Is there a way to cancel the mailing for those who have not yet received it so that I can correct the error and resend? It's set to automatically send the winning subject line to the remaining 80% of our audience, and I'd love to correct the error before they get it. 
Photo of Barnraiser

Barnraiser

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- There's no way for you to cancel an automatic split test mailing from within your account, but I can cancel that for you in our system. I'll go ahead and do that. If you set up a manual split test, you'll have to click send for the winning subject line to go to the remaining 80%.
Photo of Barnraiser

Barnraiser

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That would be wonderful if you could cancel it for me. Can you let me know if that's been done? I'll set up a manual split test for the next round. Thanks so much!
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
All set! That split test mailing is canceled and moved to the Completed tab of your Response page.
Photo of Barnraiser

Barnraiser

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you!!
Photo of Cynthia

Cynthia

• 123 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Help! I have the same situation where a split test is running but it contains errors. Would you please stop it for me? After you stop it, how do I make sure the recipients don't receive the revised email again?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
hey there... it looks like you were able to call in and get this resolved.  Let me know if you need anything else!  Cheers!
Photo of Cynthia

Cynthia

• 123 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
I was in a state of panic! Yes I was, thanks.