How do I get API keys for an agency sub-account?

• Question
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Cannot access API keys on account for org we are working with.
Photo of Jonathan

Jonathan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Jonathan! What’s the name of the org in which you’re working and the name of the sub-account whose API keys you need? Are you hitting an error message when you try to access that page?
Photo of Jonathan

Jonathan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey Katie, thanks for replying.  The org we are working with directly is Hands and Feet Project.  Birdsong is their agency account, and HAFP has been given access to control mailings (create, edit, etc) but Birdsong as agency account is one to get API info.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Thanks, Jonathan! When you say you can’t access the API keys, what’s happening for you — Is there an error message, or you don’t have the credentials to access that page?

If the latter, is there an admin at Birdsong who can grab those keys for you?
Photo of Jonathan

Jonathan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It is an error message "oops...".  I have reached out to see if it can be retrieved from that contact as well.  
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Sounds good, Jonathan! Let me know if they’re still having trouble, too; that access page is working on this end. For their/your reference, here are the steps to follow:
  1. Log into your agency account.
  2. Click Menu, and choose Accounts.
  3. Click the downward-pointing arrow to the right of Hands and Feet Project, and choose “View account settings.”
  4. Scroll down to the API Key section, and click “Generate new key."
Photo of Jonathan

Jonathan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks!
Photo of The Atlas Society

The Atlas Society

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled API KEY tabs not showing.

New account: API Key tabs not showing. I've read that accounts that don't have the API Key tabs will have them when migration is complete. Is there a way to know when that will happen? (Really excited about this feature and eager execute some integrations.) Thanks! 
Photo of Laurie Willson Way

Laurie Willson Way

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I do not have access to API tabs. I am attempting to integrate facebook ads manager through zapier. Zapier says that the Public and Private API keys are in my Emma Account/Billing settings. I do not see anything. 
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
He there Laurie, depending on the type of account you have, there are  a couple of reasons you may not be seeing the API keys:

1. If you have a stand-alone account, only the primary contact for the account has access to the API information.  You can check the teams page to see who the primary contact for your account is.
2. If you are a sub-account under a larger tiered account, then you would need to check in with the administrator for your account and they'd be able to provide you with those keys.  

If you are unsure as to what type of account you have, send along your username and I'll check it out and let you know!