How do I change my RSVP from name and from address?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
How do I change the "from" field in my email? For instance, it reads: gradandadult

But I want it to read From: School of Graduate and Adult Education
Photo of Alvernia University

Alvernia University

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
There are two ways to change the from field (and from email address, if that needs changing as well) in your email campaigns. The first is to hover over the tools icon at the top-right, and select Settings & Billing. There, click the Sender Info tab, and update your RSVP name.

The second way, if you want to change the field for just one mailing, is to edit it after clicking Review & Send in your campaign. You'll be taken to a page where you can highlight "gradandadult" and type "School of Graduate and Adult Education."

Let me know if you have any questions!
(Edited)
Photo of Miracles of Mitch Foundation

Miracles of Mitch Foundation

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It worked, THANK YOU Katie! 
(Edited)

Alvernia University

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Katie. It still didn't work. I have three accounts and in the
attachment you can see all three are highlighted and show something else than what's in my sender info. In all three accounts I put in "Alvernia University School of Graduate and Adult Education". I'll send you a screen shot.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I believe what's happening here is that you have your from email address saved in your email program under a different name. That means that if my Emma account's from address is set to be Katie Lewis, but my mom has my from address saved in her email program under the name Sweet Pea (hypothetically), my emails will arrive to her as coming from Sweet Pea.

This won't be the case for everyone, of course, since not everyone will have your from address saved a certain way in their account.

To test this, pull up your email address book in Outlook and search for the email address you're using as your from address in Emma. Is there a name associated with it, and are you able to edit it, then try sending to yourself again from Emma?

Alvernia University

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You're right! That is what it was. Thank you so much!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Huzzah! So glad to hear it.
Photo of Freightlink Solutions Limited

Freightlink Solutions Limited

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
email address - change.

Hi, i would like to change an email address which individual email campaigns are being send out from, please?

At the moment they are all going from one address but i would like to be able to change the email address from time to time. Please advise how can i do it.

Thank you
Photo of Joslin Diabetes Center

Joslin Diabetes Center

• 28 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
multiple from.

I have two departments for which I have email campaigns. I prefer to have the FROM be specific to each. So when I send for the one department it will say FROM:  Department1@address, then for the other FROM: Department2@address.  In iContact, my previous email engine, that was easy to do, but I can't find the way to do this in Emma.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
I always create a copy of the last mailing I did to a specific group "FROM" a specific email address and it saves all of that info for you.  It's at the bottom when you go to Review and Send in the campaign.  WE send from 5 different "From" addresses and this is how we do it.  The only thing is when you send a "test" email, it defaults to your main account address in emma.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Good points, Brandi! And we do plan to add the opportunity to change your from address on the Send Test page. :)
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Thanks! :)
Photo of Joslin Diabetes Center

Joslin Diabetes Center

• 28 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Thanks very much.  A great suggestions. 
Photo of Miracles of Mitch Foundation

Miracles of Mitch Foundation

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Name Change!.

We recently changed the name of our non profit.  HOW do I change the name on the e-mail 'FROM' area when our newsletter go out?  Clearly I can change the internal area but the external subject line is where I need help!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
I don't have an agency account so I'm not sure if its different or not, but in my account after I click the "Review and Send" button I can change my "From" email address there. (labeled as sender email)

(Edited)