What's the code for sending an email address to a signup form?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi! Emma 25er About-Face here! 

Our current web site is set up to pass an email address in a field to a Vertical Response signup form, the service we used to use. I'm hoping someone can give me the similar code for Emma. I'm including a screenshot of the site in case you want a picture.

Basically, we need an email field on our site that populates the email field on the standalone form. Here's the code I use now with VR:

http://oi.vresp.com/" method="get">
Photo of Jennifer Berger

Jennifer Berger

• 18 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • confused.

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Barbara OToole

Barbara OToole

• 12 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi, Jennifer!

Welcome!

The first thing you will need to do is create your new signup form with Emma.  

1.Prep for that includes designating a new group to identify everyone who comes in through the signup form. You might call the group, "website signups" or something similar.

2. Next, you'll scroll to the bottom of the main audience page to create your new signup form. From there, you'll publish the signup and the options for different code types will pop up so you can select which will work best.

3. You may not be able to keep the exact same look and feel to your current form, but I understand that EMMA will be rolling out new signup form options shortly.

Hope this helps!

~Barbara 
Photo of Jennifer Berger

Jennifer Berger

• 18 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I did that already, but the code that's there isn't the code I need. Is there someone there who can answer my question?
Photo of Barbara OToole

Barbara OToole

• 12 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hey, Jennifer:

The code you shared is actually a PHP form script that EMMA does not currently use.  

Here's the link for the other community conversations regarding signup forms:
https://community.myemma.com/emma/categories/emma_signup_forms

Hope this helps
~ Barbara
Photo of Jennifer Berger

Jennifer Berger

• 18 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Barbara,

Thanks for letting me know. Is there another method by which you recommend I make this work the way I want to? I do have access to a developer if I need one.

Jennifer
Photo of Tonya Muehr

Tonya Muehr

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I am not sure if anyone has gotten back to you or if you fixed your issue, but thought I would respond for future seekers. If you are trying to create a link in your email that will bring someone to a custom form and you would like to populate the form with the email address from which they received your email campaign, then you will need to use the EMMA short code for Email which is [% member:email default="email" %]  so your link may look something like this: yourdomain.com/{form-directory-name}/?{email-field-ID}=[% member:email default="email" %]
Photo of Barbara OToole

Barbara OToole

• 12 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hey, there! Hi, Jennifer!

You probably know that you have a unique API code that you can generate for your account. 

I would send that to your developer along with a link to the online API Quickstart Guide: 
http://api.myemma.com/#quickstart

It was very encouraging to find this quote at the bottom of the Open API info page:

"A popular and fairly simple way to use the API is connecting a custom form hosted on your site directly to your audience groups. That can be done with the import_single_member call. You can access documentation for that call, as well as sample PHP to help you get started here."

Now here, also, for future reference is the link,  in this community, to all the categories. You'll see there's one just for API.  https://community.myemma.com/emma/categories

Good luck with your mission! Would love to hear back from you on how it all works out! 

Hope this helps,

~ Barbara