Copy/Paste using right click dialogues fail, while using keyboard shortcuts works

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

PC/Windows 7/Chrome v40.0....

When copying a url from one window, then pasting the url into the button url in the drag and drop editor:

If we use the Mouse right click to copy/paste it fails. If we use the keyboard shortuts (ctrl+c/ctrl+v) it works.

Is this a known bug, and is this the best workaround?

Thanks,
Andrew
Photo of I Evolve

I Evolve

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Seemab Hussaini

Seemab Hussaini, Champion

• 36 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi! Can you expand on a few things for me?

+ Is this happening in a particular sub account or across all accounts (regardless of the answer, can you give me a specific sub account to look into)?
 + What specifically can you give as an example (ie., cut/paste text in the editor, email addresses when sending...)?
 + When did you first notice this?
 + Is this happening to other users of different computers?

These answers will help me get a more specific understanding and hopefully some answers.

Thanks!
(Edited)
Photo of I Evolve

I Evolve

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, Thanks for your reply!

+ Is this happening in a particular sub account or across all accounts (regardless of the answer, can you give me a specific sub account to look into)?

It is happening for LynnInc, on their machine.

+ What specifically can you give as an example (ie., cut/paste text in the editor, email addresses when sending...)?

-open browser window to another website
-highlight and then copy url
-goto emma campaign editor, place a call to action button
-attempt to paste into the url field in the dialogue either succeeds or fails depending on if user uses mose right click vs. keyboard ctrl+v

+ When did you first notice this?

Same day as I added the thread

+ Is this happening to other users of different computers?

Unknown (my guess is, probably?)

These answers will help me get a more specific understanding and hopefully some answers.

Thanks!
Photo of Seemab Hussaini

Seemab Hussaini, Champion

• 36 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thank you, I was able to duplicate your issue! The next step for me is to take this to our Tier 2 team to investigate and hopefully determine a fix. I hope the workaround for using the keyboard shortcuts work for you in the mean time.

Look for a response here when we have a fix, and let us know if you have any additional questions.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- I wanted to reach out here to let you know that the fix for this issue is out in the wild. You shouldn't see this problem moving forward and can use your copy/paste functions as needed.