Create Emma Group Error in Salesforce

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Didn't hear back from community member

I am my organizations Salesforce Administrator so I have access to the entire system and today when I tried creating a new Emma Group using the Emma Email Marketing App under Emma Groups, I see the following error message in red:  There are no reports available or you do not have permission to export reports. Please get the required permissions.

Where can I update or change these settings? Thanks!
Photo of CoachArt

CoachArt

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused.

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hello! I reached out to my colleague who is one of our Salesforce gurus to get her input on those settings as I am not certain what setting specifically you'd need to adjust. I'll be sure keep you posted once I hear back from her.

Thanks!
Photo of CoachArt

CoachArt

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Okay, thank you!
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Good morning! I apologize for the delay as I was out of the office for a couple of days. I heard back from my colleague and we're not too savvy with regards to the permissions within Salesforce but tend to focus our skills on the components related to the integration. Salesforce support should be able to better assist on modifying permissions. 

Do you know if there has been anything modified on your Salesforce setup? If nothing has changed in the setup, can you please grant us access to your Salesforce and we can take a look to see if anything jumps out at us.
  1. Click into the Setup sub-menu from your personal dropdown menu at the top-right corner of your screen.
  2. In the menu to the left of your screen, click My Personal Information > Grant Login Access.
  3. Select "1 week" (or whatever period of time you're comfortable with) next to "Emma Support," and press "Save."
Photo of CoachArt

CoachArt

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Good morning Tyler!

Okay, so I do not think it is a permissions issue only because I am the system administrator and have full access to our Salesforce instance. There was a recent update Summer '14 that could of possibly made some changes to the integration but if that were the case, I would imagine more of your customers noticing a change.

I have granted you a week of access and hope you see something fishy! THANKS
(Edited)
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Great and I'll keep you posted! I'm right there with you thinking we would have heard from more customers with regards to that summer update.
Photo of Katie Watts

Katie Watts, Support Team Manager

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Good morning, CoachArt!

I took a peek within your Salesforce account -- thanks for granting that login access! -- and nothing jumped out at me in your user permissions to be causing this trouble. In my past experiences though, that error message you're seeing has always been permissions related. I'm running this past our Salesforce developers to see if they can spot anything out of place and will circle back here as soon as I've heard from them with further information.

Like Tyler mentioned, Salesforce support is usually the best resource for help with permissions, but we're certainly happy to take a look before you go that route! Stay tuned. :)
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Quick question on this, CoachArt.

Just to clarify. Prior to about a week ago, were you able to create those Emma Groups from reports in Salesforce when logged in with the System Admin username that you granted the Emma Support login access from? Or is this the first time you've attempted the process when logged in with these credentials?

Thanks a ton!
Photo of CoachArt

CoachArt

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Katie,

I am not to sure about the timeline but yes, the last time (within the last two months) I was able to create Emma Groups no problem. 

This is not the first time I have used my credentials.

Thanks!
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Happy Monday, CoachArt!

Thanks for this additional information. Exactly what I was hoping to learn. I'll be in touch as soon as I've heard more from our Salesforce developers.
Photo of Occasions Magazine

Occasions Magazine

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same issue (which you know).  Here is what my Salesforce IT guy said "The email from Emma support doesn't strike me as being accurate given that you are the system administrator. Regardless, I just checked the Admin Profile and don't see anything out of the ordinary. You have access to everything.  Also, if this setting is critical to the way the Emma app runs in SF then the tech should be fluent and able to take you right to the setting that impacts the App."  Can you help?
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi Heather.

Since we already have an email thread going, I'm going to reply to you there rather than start a new convo separately. You'll hear from me by email in just a bit.

Thank you,
Katie
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi there, CoachArt.

Our Salesforce developers need to actually log in as you since the granted login access alone doesn't give us accessibility to all of the data. I have your Salesforce username but I need to get your password from you. For security purposes, can you please save just your password in a document, upload it to your Emma document library and then give me a shout here to let me know that document has been saved? (Once you hear from me that they've wrapped up their research, you can change your Salesforce password to further secure things.)

In addition to uploading that document, can you please also extend the granted login access so it doesn't expire while they're digging in? The currently granted login access is set to expire today, and if it expires before we've wrapped things up, it'll slow down the process since I'll have to reach back out to again request that.

As soon as I hear from you here that the document is in your Emma document library and the login access extended, I'll get our Salesforce developers back on the case. Again, no promises that they'll have the answer since this is outside of our normal realm of support of the integration, but my fingers are crossed they'll have some information to at least point you in the right direction!

Thanks a bunch!
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi CoachArt!

Just wanted to do a quick follow-up on this. Once you've saved that document to your library and extended the login access, please give me a shout on this thread to let me know. We'll dig back in at that time.

Hope you had a fantastic weekend!
Photo of CoachArt

CoachArt

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello! It has been done! Also, I have been trying to verify the other email on this account and it will never verify. I get the email and I click the link but it just wont show as verified in your system. John Karlo handles all the technical stuff and it would be great to get these notifications sent to that email.

Thank!
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Happy Friday, CoachArt.

Have an exciting update for you on this! I've heard from our Salesforce developers that they included a fix to this issue in the newest version of the integration, pushed that upgrade to your account and were able to test the issue -- with success. Can you please give it another go and confirm that you're not seeing that permissions error any longer?

I'll watch for your reply on this thread. I'm going to email you directly in just a few minutes to follow-up on the email address that won't verify within Emma Community. Thanks a ton for your patience while we've dug in, and I hope you have a fantastic weekend!