Creating a subgroup from an existing audience

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I am trying to create a subgroup of our audience (who used our sign up form) who checked a box requesting membership information. I thought I could just copy those who had checked yes and paste them as a new group. But when I do this the active members shows up as 0 even though I can see the email address. When I went to send the mailing to this new group it still said there were 0 contacts in it. Is there a way to take around 10 people in an audience and make a new group with them? 
Photo of Harbor Springs Area Historical Society

Harbor Springs Area Historical Society

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Alright, I might have figured this out on my own. I selected the contacts I wanted and exported them to my desktop, then imported them as a new group. Seems to be working....
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there! I'm glad you were able to find a solution here! 

You can also use our segmenting tool to find and group people who have signed up recently. Using an advanced segment, you can target contacts based on their groups, their information, their response history, their signup history or any combination thereof. 

Here is an article from our resources page that walks you through the steps to create a segment based on contacts who have used your sign-up form. Unlike groups, segments are entirely dynamic and will re-run each time you view them. By using the segment feature to find these contacts, you won't have to repeatedly find and group them. You can also send direclty to this segment when sending a mailing!