Custom client login page for agency clients

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
customizing the log in page for the agency clients (although i know you can 'embed' it into a website). It would be nice to direct someone to a prettier URL because the embed option doesn't seem to work very well.

Instead I have placed a "Login" button my home page of my website, then it directs them to the ugle 'app.e2ma.net/app2/login' . Barf.
Photo of Mike Rizzo

Mike Rizzo

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Mike! I agree that app.e2ma.net/app2/login is pretty basic. Have you spotted in your agency account how you can create a login form for your clients? If not, I'm wondering if this might work for you.

Click Menu, then Accounts. Click the button on the right that reads "Create your login form." A popup box will appear like this:

That lets you embed the login on your site. Here's an example where we used this snippet of code in an HTML block of a test blog:

So that's an unstyled login page, and your clients can log into your agency from there. You might try further styling it with CSS, too.

I hope this helps, Mike! I'm going to change this topic from an idea to a question, but do let me know if there's a way you'd like to tweak this feature's capability, and I'll pass that along.
Photo of Mike Rizzo

Mike Rizzo

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes i did see that we can embed the simple form onto a website..i believe i said that in the first part of the statement. In most cases that would work.

To pre-format it with our Logo (header image) that we are using for the custom style on the Agency page would be nice. Centered Above the login screen... something like this...

If we had it at least pulling through our logo or something, that would be cool.

ONE OTHER THING:
Embedding the login option on a page doesn't seem to work.. when i clicked "Login" it didn't redirect me, open a new window, or anything.. is the code missing an open command? "_newwindow" or anything...
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I apologize for misunderstanding, Mike. I'm passing along your thoughts about your logo pulling into the signup form.

The login option is working on our test blog, so I'm wondering if there's other code on your page that's interfering with the process. Are you comfortable sharing the entire code you're using here? If not, drop us a line at support@myemma.com and we'll dig into the code.
Photo of Mike Rizzo

Mike Rizzo

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
No worries, i don't want to make you feel like i was upset or anything.

Uhm. Yeah I can't really share the code with you at the moment.. I was trying to use it in a Wix page that i built, and now i'm moving over to a new platform.

Utilizing the technology of "Webflow.com" to build my site. I can export the code, but the page isn't done and it's a single page flow of content... i can report back on it when i complete the work...

indygital.webflow.com is the temp site that i'm editing.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I think it would be easier to take a look at the code once the page is complete so we have a better picture of how it's all interacting. We haven't been hearing this from other customers, so the good news is we should be able to find where the conflict is.

Whenever you're ready, just send that code along to us at support@myemma.com, and we'll start digging!
Photo of Sam Rubin

Sam Rubin

• 10 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
While not as "clean and sexy" as what you are looking for Mike, this could also work... on any "EMMA" URL that has "app" in it (app.e2ma.net/app2/login) you can replace the letters of "app" with anything you want.

As an example, indygital.e2ma.net/app2/login, would work for you for login purposes.

You can also do the same with any email proof... so we normally send a client a URL like CLIENTNAME.e2ma.net/app2/login.
Photo of Mike Rizzo

Mike Rizzo

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hey Sam,

Thanks for that. How do i replace that?
Photo of Sam Rubin

Sam Rubin

• 10 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Just replace the letters "app" with whatever text you want.
Photo of Mike Rizzo

Mike Rizzo

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
well that is pretty nifty. I changed that out, looks better now (if anyone pays attention to details like that, haha).

Thanks again!