Delete multiple images from the image library at once

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
It would be nice to be able to delete multiple images/documents, etc in my library. Only being able to delete one at a time is very time consuming.

Just want to keep my library (and your storage) clean of clutter.

Thanks!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Brandi! I chatted with a product owner about the work she’s doing around image management. We may be fitting this in, but it would only be for images so far, not documents.

I’m marking this idea as Planned but editing the subject line to reflect it’s only planned for images.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
That's awesome!! Thank you Katie!
Just wanted to give support for this idea! I'm trying to de-clutter our images now and this option would be very helpful.
Photo of My Emma User

My Emma User

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Delete Multiple Photos.

Would be great to have a feature that enables a user to simultaneously delete multiple images in the image/photo gallery. Thx.
Photo of Stanford University Press

Stanford University Press

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Chiming in that I would love this feature. I have to cull our image library frequently, and it's always a task I dread doing.
Photo of Alumni and Parent Relations

Alumni and Parent Relations

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Adding my support for a multiple "select and delete" function, too! Love this application and how it helps us connect with our alumni. This function would easily improve our organization of our respective image galleries. Thank you!
Photo of Membership

Membership

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Offering my support to this idea. 
Photo of Liz Stephenson

Liz Stephenson

• 35 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Please, please add this feature soon. Between re-branding and user/ operator impatience, we have more than 100 images in an account that need to be removed. Tedious hardly begins to describe the  pain process. Not to mention, as I delete one image, Emma returns me to the top of the list, and I have to go back to my original place and start over. Lesson learned - cull frequently!!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Not to mention, as I delete one image, Emma returns me to the top of the list, and I have to go back to my original place and start over.
SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!! - I'm with ya on that!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Sorry to hear you’re so frustrated, and I definitely understand. We’re still planning to create this capability.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
eh no worries Katie I know you guys are working on it!! :) Hope you have a fantastic day!!!!
Photo of NJPSA/FEA

NJPSA/FEA

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I'd love this feature too. I need to delete a bunch of images, but it's time consuming.
Photo of Page Ahead

Page Ahead

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I second all of this conversation!! It would be wonderful to be able to delete multiple images at a time and to be able to stay at the same location on the list of images when you delete one. So time consuming to delete one, scroll back to where you were to delete the next one. I will be thrilled, no ecstatic, when you have added this feature!!
Photo of Pilgrim's Market

Pilgrim's Market

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I would love this feature! I don't often have time to sit and delete images, and I have a couple years of images in my library, some large files. This is slowing down my uploading time for new images, and most of the images I use are 1-time use only. This would be so helpful! I work in a very small marketing department for a large natural foods store, and my time is precious.
Photo of Costume Designers Guild

Costume Designers Guild

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled IMAGE FOLDER: Lacking any sort of efficient content management. Hint: Put in a m....

IMAGE FOLDER: When are you ever going to make an efficient way to clean out our Image folder?? Honestly, put a darn checkbox next to the images and a mass delete button..SOMETHING! It's egregious that nothing has ever been done. Please do something.. It's a time suck for me to sit and click each one, load the delete, wait for it,...not an efficient way to handle managing content Emma!
Photo of NJPSA/FEA

NJPSA/FEA

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I agree. PLEEEEASE make this change. Thanks.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Just curious what the timeline is on this being implemented. :) Thanks for everything you guys do and thanks for listening!!!!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Brandi! Last I chatted with the Product Team, we were looking at the end of Q1 or sometime in Q2. That timeline is fluid and could still fluctuate, and it definitely won't be by year's end.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update Katie! :)
Photo of Liz Stephenson

Liz Stephenson

• 35 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
YAY!!! Thanks for the update Katie. That is great news that Emma heard us, responded and a solution is in the works.
Photo of Compass Commercial

Compass Commercial

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I agree as well. We have hundreds of images that need to be deleted and I don't have the time to go through one by one. Thank you for addressing this quickly.
Photo of Kiko

Kiko

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Just showing some support for this idea. Another useful tool would be able to replace images (i.e. update a logo without having to replace the url link everywhere)
Thanks so much for all your efforts
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Kiko! Thanks for sharing your support here. :) Are you up for creating a new conversation for the ability to update an image without having to replace the link? I think I'm understanding what you want to see, but any extra details or a use case you could share would be great!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
I agree with Kiko, same here. :)
Photo of Kootenay Co-op

Kootenay Co-op

• 8 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi, we too would love to see the option of selecting multiple images at once to delete them faster. Thanks.
Photo of Farmington Financial Group

Farmington Financial Group

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes, please allow the deletion of multiple images or at least do away with the confirmation.. Because after you confirm, and it deletes, it brings you back to the beginning of your photo list and you lose your place. Very frustrating.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Totally agree with the confirmation part!!!! That is very frustrating.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello there! You can now rename and delete multiple images at once from within the drag & drop editor.

Photo of NJPSA/FEA

NJPSA/FEA

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
OMG! That's great!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Whoop Whoop!! Thanks for making my day!!!!
Photo of Liz Stephenson

Liz Stephenson

• 35 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Best news ever!! Thanks Katie!
Photo of Kootenay Co-op

Kootenay Co-op

• 8 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!
Photo of Diane

Diane

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is it possible to mass-delete images from the image library?.

One of our subaccounts wants to clear out old images from their image library, but have been deleting the images one by one (they've been going to Campaigns > Images > then deleting from there). Is there a way to select all, or multiple images at once to delete?
Photo of Megan Leonard

Megan Leonard

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there a way to recover deleted photos. I seem to have deleted my entire photo library?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey Megan, I'm going to shoot you an email and we'll see what we can do!