Deleting least active contacts

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: EOL CLEANUP

Hi I am cleaning up my contact list and came across this support article which suggests running a segment to find your least active contacts. For me that would be anyone that has not opened a mailing in 18 Months.  The article is helpful but I can not figure out what to enter into the segment to get that result. I need a little more step by step help. 

https://support.e2ma.net/Resource_Center/Help_articles/finding-your-most-and-least-active-audience-m...
Photo of The Chrome Bar

The Chrome Bar

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Ben Harrington

Ben Harrington, Employee

• 112 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi There,
When you are on the segment creation page, click the drop-down that is labeled 'Segment type' and scroll down to the 'RESPONSE' header. You should see an option for 'Have not opened'. Simply click on that option, and then in the drop-down that has 'At any point' populated, change to 'In the last' and then you will have the option to add a time from with a value of days or weeks. 

Let me know if there is anything else that I can do to help! 

-Ben
Photo of The Chrome Bar

The Chrome Bar

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you so much Ben! 

It worked and was very helpful. If I wanted to pull out clients that are new within the last few weeks to give them a chance to get a few more emails  before they get cleaned. I made another segment for new clients sign ups 30 days.  How do I pull those names out of the "Clean up list" before I purge the contacts? 

I appreciate your help, I have a long overdue clean up over here ;)
Photo of Ben Harrington

Ben Harrington, Employee

• 112 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi There,
To do this, select the 'AND' button below your original segment criteria in the edit segment screen. From here select 'Contact since' in the 'FIELDS' section and then switch the drop down to 'Not in the last' and then select your time frame! 

-Ben
Photo of The Chrome Bar

The Chrome Bar

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You the best Ben!!!