DNS server problem.

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Survey links posted onto websites are coming up with a dns_server_failure.

Clients cannot access the survey, but I can on my computer. What is causing this? Does it have to do with the link issue from yesterday?
Photo of Sarah

Sarah

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Brittany Fowler

Brittany Fowler, Champion

• 169 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Hi Sarah, 

Do you have a webpage I can navigate to to take a look at the survey error? When you say you can access the survey on your computer, are you referring to one posted on a website, or from within your inbox, or from the link within Emma? 

Please let me know where I can go. Thanks!
Photo of Sarah

Sarah

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Yes I just emailed all the details to you!! Thank you so much!!!
Photo of Sarah

Sarah

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Brittany, sure, how can I send you the link without it being public?

I can access the survey from the link posted on the website from my computer. (it seems to work perfectly fine for me)... But my sub-account users are complaining as they get a DNS server error every time they try and open the link.... could it be their companies security? Even though they used to be able to see Emma stuff fine before the link issue from the other day.?
Photo of Brittany Fowler

• 169 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Hi Sarah, 

You can send the link to bfowler at myemma .com. I'll have to test the link to see if the same thing happens on my end. The test will provide me more information and a direction to troubleshoot. Thanks!
Photo of Brittany Fowler

• 169 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Hi Sarah, 

Thanks for sending the link. Is the link hosted within the website, where someone needs to log into an account to access it? When I clicked on the link inside my inbox, I was taken directly to the survey, and there was no issue or dns error. If you repost the link to the website, does it work then? 

Thanks for your help!
Photo of Brittany Fowler

• 169 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Hi there,

I just wanted to see if you were able to fix the issue. Let me know!
Photo of Sarah

Sarah

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I am not sure if it is fixed ... my client is not getting back to me ... which I am taking as a good sign! :-)     (especially seeing I could never replicate their error either)
Photo of Brittany Fowler

• 169 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Sounds good...let us know if you get additional reports!