Does Emma delete bounced addresses from my mailing list? What about opt outs?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
WE have IE 8
Photo of Marion

Marion

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Marion -- Emma sorts your audience list by mailing status. Any contact in Error or Opt-out status will remain in your audience but will be moved to a separate tab:

Emma knows not to send to any contact that isn't in Active mailing status, and you will never be charged for error or opt-out contacts. You have the ability to delete those contacts if necessary, but I recommend keeping them around in case they want to be opted back in to receive your emails!
Photo of Declara

Declara

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello! Does Emma automatically remove these from my list or do I need to do something manual to get them removed?  Thank you!
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- We separate the error and opt out contacts into their own tabs (as shown above) rather than delete them from your list. This way, you can still view the history and record for those contacs if needed, and contacts can still opt back into your list if they change their mind. There's no real need to delete them from the audience since they're already isolated and you are not charged for them in any way. You can delete them from within those tabs if you'd like to clear them out of your audience.
Photo of Steamatic

Steamatic

• 22 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
So you guys automatically keep the bounced addresses quarantined, and we don't have to do anything manually to clean these lists up?
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Nope, you don't need to do anything extra! Soft and hard bounces behave a bit differently from one another. You can read about those differences in this conversation.
Photo of Steamatic

Steamatic

• 22 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Awesome, thanks!