Does the 180calls/min limit apply to a MyEmma user or the whole application?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
http://api.myemma.com/  "To prevent accidental overuse, calls to Emma's API are limited to 180 calls per minute. If you exceed the limit, you‘ll receive a response of 403 Rate Limit Exceeded until enough time has elapsed between calls." 

That is all the info I could find on the rate limit. Does this apply to a user or application? 
Photo of Cyfe

Cyfe

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Laura Dickerson

Laura Dickerson, Official Rep

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hi there,

The rate limit refers to people utilizing the API (or an integration).

I hope that helps!
Photo of Cyfe

Cyfe

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm sorry that's not helping too much because I'm not sure how to interpret that, so I'll try to make my question more clear! Is the rate limit tied to the account id, public API key, and/or private API key for a MyEmma account(user limits), or is the rate limit tied the domain or something like that for a MyEmma API integration (application limits).

I'm guessing it's (user limits) because I don't authenticate as an application, but I'm just making sure :) It was hard for me to test locally for this part
Photo of Cyfe

Cyfe

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm sorry that's not helping too much because I'm not sure how to interpret that, so I'll try to make my question more clear! Is the rate limit tied to the account id, public API key, and/or private API key for a MyEmma account(user limits), or is the rate limit tied the domain or something like that for a MyEmma API integration (application limits).

I'm guessing it's (user limits) because I don't authenticate as an application, but I'm just making sure :) It was hard for me to test locally for this part
Photo of Laura Dickerson

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
I am working on getting the answer for you!
Photo of Laura Dickerson

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
I just got confirmation: yes -  it is a user limit.