E-0040 Error during sync process: Unable to serialize a map with a null key.

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • In Progress
I'm getting an error, E-0040: removeMembersFromGroups, when trying to sync. We've noticed that, during the sync process, members are getting added to the appropriate groups, but no one is getting removed.
Photo of Bo Boswell

Bo Boswell

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Zach Sharpe

Zach Sharpe, Employee

• 290 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hey Bo!

I wanted to reach out to clarify a few things:

Are you referring to a integration setup to sync with your Emma account?

If so, what is the name of the integration?

Finally, is there a particular sub account that you are currently looking with this?

I'll keep an eye out so we can keep working on this.

Thanks!

Zach
Photo of Bo Boswell

Bo Boswell

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey Zack, I'm talking about the "Emma Email Marketing for salesforce.com". I'm trying to sync our Salesforce contacts with our MyEmma database. According to my users, the sync will add the correct contacts to the mailing groups, but it won't remove the members from the groups. Does that give you the information you're needing?
Photo of Zach Sharpe

Zach Sharpe, Employee

• 290 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hi Bo,

Would you be able to go back through your Emma setup to retry a connection to Salesforce (the button is labeled connect to Salesforce) as part of the oauth.

Also, are you using reports & auto refresh? 

I hope this helps, but if this does not resolve what you are looking to do please provide support access and let us know how long access has been granted so we can take a deeper look. The instructions on this can be found here:
https://support.e2ma.net/Resource_Center/Guide_to_Integrations/Emma_for_Salesforce%3A_Support_Access

Let us know how we can help,

Thanks,

Zach
Photo of Bo Boswell

Bo Boswell

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey Zach,

I went through the steps to retry the connection to SF, but when I click "Connect to Salesforce" and try to login via the pop-up prompt, I get a "Connection failed" message, so I was unable to continue.

At this point, I've granted the access as you requested.

Photo of Zach Sharpe

Zach Sharpe, Employee

• 290 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hi Bo, thank you for the update, can you confirm how long support access was granted? We'll go ahead and continue working on this.
Photo of Zach Sharpe

Zach Sharpe, Employee

• 290 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Also, is there a particular sub account you are experiencing an issue with?

Thanks!
Photo of Bo Boswell

Bo Boswell

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I granted access for a week, but can adjust as needed. The Emma account we're trying to get this setup for us "WCPM - UK".
Photo of Zach Sharpe

Zach Sharpe, Employee

• 290 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hey Bo!

So the connect to Salesforce step should bring you to an Emma login screen. From the description of the issue it sounds like the wrong account may have been attached. It would need to be the primary account of the sub account in question. In this case that would be london@warnerchappellpm.com.

Try logging in with this Emma account specifically to see if it makes a difference. Thanks!