How do I edit an autoresponder?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

How do I edit an autoresponder that hasn't been sent yet without creating a 'copy' campaign?
Photo of LECET Southwest

LECET Southwest

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Good morning! When you say the autoresponder hasn’t been sent, do you mean it isn’t on the Sent tab of your Campaigns page or that it hasn’t gone to any contacts, even though it’s been activated?

If the latter, the only way to edit an active autoresponder right now is by canceling it on the Response page, editing it on your Campaigns page and then setting it up again. We’re looking at how to make that workflow easier.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Photo of Cleveland Zoological Society

Cleveland Zoological Society

• 22 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi, so I cancelled my 1st Welcome Series email because I had to make edits to it. I couldn't find it on the campaigns page again so I had to make a "copy" to edit. I set it back up as an autoresponder under the trigger of signing up for emails, but it set my stats back to 0 for this mailing when the other Welcome Series mailings are at 55. Do you have any updates on making the workflow easier like you mentioned? Thanks!
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! We do have changes down the line for how autoresponders work, with the intention that you’ll be able to edit an in-progress autoresponder without canceling it first.

I’m not sure where we are in that work, and the weekly updates have been quite technical. :) But it is top of mind and top of discussion around the house here, because we know it’s a bear when you need to edit an autoresponder. You’ll be hearing from us when autoresponder functions change.
Photo of Maine Hardware LLC

Maine Hardware LLC

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Revise Automated Email Creative.

We have an automated email being sent to new users after they join our email list [and confirm their subscription], and I need to revise the copy within the email. I see it as an email that has been sent, but I am not sure where to access this email creative to revise what is being sent. When I go into the "sent" email I can revise and make a copy, but i don't know how to get the autoresponder to start using this new email creative.
Photo of BigRiver Agency

BigRiver Agency

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can you provide an update on when this workflow will be available?  We have a client with two autoresponders for a welcome series.  The Executive Director of the organization has changed and the signature on the auto responder needs to be changed as a result.  Can this be done on the email content itself?  If not, is there a process to create a new autoresponder, making sure those members who are queued up receive the new one?
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi BigRiver -- We'll be rolling the new automation out for agencies in late January. You can also read more about how to prepare your clients for the new automation here!

I'll reach out to you by email with a few more details. :)