Template created for classic editor isn’t mobile-responsive

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hello,

I just drafted an email using a blank email template with an editable header. I tried viewing a test email on my android phone and it was not responsive to my phone. Back in May 2013, we received an email from Emma saying that all email templates are fully responsive. I was wondering why this isn't showing up as responsive?
Photo of UIC Summer Session

UIC Summer Session

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
I too have had that issue and was using and old blank template from the classic editor. Have you tried using the new blank template?

UIC Summer Session

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, I'm using the "blank with an editable header" template in the drag and drop editor. I loaded the entire year's email campaign into this template and the first one I tried to send is not responsive to mobile devices.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
hmm I'm not sure then. I know the drag and drop editor is suppose to be mobile responsive. Hopefully someone from emma support can chime in. :)
Photo of Cassie Berman

Cassie Berman, Alum

• 153 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Official Response
If you’re using a current Blank template, selected from the Blank template options available in the first row of the template gallery, then you are indeed using a responsive email template. Here’s a screenshot for reference:

Though keep in mind that the media queries used to make emails render responsively must be supported by the application used to open the email. Android version 4.X email/OEM app supports responsive design, but responsive emails are not supported by Android Gmail app or Android Yahoo! Mail app. For example, if you opened the same email on your Android using Android’s native email client, and Gmail app, the former could handle responsive design while the later could not.

Still puzzled? Then pay a visit to this Community Topic about mobile-optimization , where Katie helpfully explains how mobile design works.

UIC Summer Session

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for this response. It is very helpful.