Embed signup forms into Twitter cards

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Not Planned
  • (Edited)
Embed sign up forms into Facebook - or better yet... a tutorial / way to embed them into Twitter Cards! (Since those just came out) But first, FB
Photo of Mike Rizzo

Mike Rizzo

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Mike! I don't know if you'd considering this embedding, but you can add an iframe of your signup form to your Facebook page. Here's how.

We aren't currently pursuing a way to add a signup form as a Twitter card, but you could link to your signup form by grabbing the URL. To do so:
  1. Go to your Audience page, and scroll down to the signup form section.
  2. Click the downward-pointing arrow to the right of the form, and select "Add this to your site."
  3. In the popup box, copy the URL that appears in the "Link to it" field. The format of that URL will look something like this: https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/12345678/987654/?v=a
I hope that helps! Do let us know if you find another way to incorporate your signup form into Twitter. I'm going to tweak this topic's headline so people searching for Twitter card information can better find it.
(Edited)
Photo of Mike Rizzo

Mike Rizzo

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hey Katie,

Thanks again for all the information.

Here is a link to some information regarding Twitter cards and linking them to different services.

I'm assuming that this is something that is better served by the Emma developers and not individuals attempting to ad their own sign up forms to Twitter cards.

https://support.twitter.com/articles/...

Thanks!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Thanks, Mike! I met with our social team to learn a bit more. Enabling signup forms to work in this way involves building an integration that lives on a publicly accessible domain, validating the integration with a tool provided by Twitter and submitting the integration to Twitter for approval.

Work to build this integration isn't planned, but it sounds like a valuable addition and something worth considering. I'm marking this for now as Under Consideration as the conversation continues around the house here.
Photo of Matt Olsen

Matt Olsen, Champion

• 117 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
I'm curious... any update on this?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Matt! I checked in with our Social Team’s product owner, and he said that while this isn’t planned for this quarter, he thinks it's likely we'll tackle this in the next 12 months. If we hear more customers asking for it, it will be even more likely to happen. Glad to hear you’re interested!
Photo of Mike Rizzo

Mike Rizzo

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I forgot i posted this! :) Glad to hear it's at least being considered! Woo woo!
Photo of jefferyjames

jefferyjames

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yep I am interested also

Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
me too
Photo of Red Cup Agency

Red Cup Agency

• 9 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
twitter ads API.

Mailchimp plays nicely with Twitter ads. You can get your submit URL, set your data values, and get a Twitter lead gen card going right into your MailChimp list.  Does Emma offer the same? It's an API thing, but if anybody knows where to find that, I'd be grateful.  
Photo of Red Cup Agency

Red Cup Agency

• 9 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I'm using this now on Twitter.  It works pretty well if you use what they call a Website card. You can have an image that is clickable to a Emma-enabled sign up page on your site.  Sending people to the signup link also works, but is a bit plain and uninspiring. The API way would be the best - the information is pre-filled-in for the user, and they just click go. One click, they've opted in.  Much better. So I hope you guys can put this one together soon.  It's a great way to build a list. 
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi all. Circling back here to let you know that I'm changing this status to Not Planned. We'd originally thought we'd get to this in six to 12 months, but our Social Team is refocusing on our to-come autoresponder revamp with the Automation Team for the foreseeable future. We definitely won't be getting to this this year.

It's a great idea, as you know, and we'll likely come back to it when we pick back up with the work on Social.
Photo of Smidge Wines

Smidge Wines

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update. 
Photo of Floyd Lee Locums

Floyd Lee Locums

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there any update to the social integrations for Emma?  We are launching a new Emma campaign and would love to be able to encourage all of our followers across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more.  I know this was last updated 3 years ago so I am hoping I just stumbled on an old thread.

Thanks
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Nothing new yet.  We've got some exciting things coming later on this year around social posting, but nothing new to speak of right now.  Stay tuned!