Emma is experiencing intermittent connectivity issues

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

We're experiencing some intermittent issues with page load speeds right now, with some clients reporting error messages. Our team is investigating this, and we will post updates here as we know more.

Thanks for your patience!
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Broadmark Marketing

Broadmark Marketing

• 44 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I'm not sure why this keeps happening on Friday afternoons but it really is extremely frustrating. Many of us set up our Monday emails on Friday and it's constantly down right when we need it most.
Photo of Paul Zimmerman-Clayton

Paul Zimmerman-Clayton, Official Rep

• 400 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
Hey Kimmy, 

You're absolutely right, and I'm sorry for a frustrating experience. I completely understand that you've got work to do, and the connectivity issues are making that impossible. I can't give you any timeline on a fix, but I can say that we're "all hands on deck" right now, and getting the app back up and running at full speed is our absolute highest priority. 

As soon as we hear that things are improving, I will reply to this thread and update you with the latest. 

• 400 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
Hey all, good news!

We're back up and running at full speed. I apologize for the slowness in the Emma app over the past hour or so, and we appreciate your patience while we got things back up and running. Please let me know on this thread if you see any more issues, and we'll take a look!
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
I have been talking with our team and wanted to make sure and share some additional details on today's downtime. Database queries are constantly running behind the scenes in the Emma application. Today, one of those queries was used at a higher volume than normal. This higher usage caused our servers to reach a tipping point and become quickly overloaded; which we agree is unacceptable. We did receive automatic system notifications and immediately began researching the root cause. We reviewed the problematic query and realized that it was pulling information that wasn't specifically needed for that query's intended task. This allowed us to rewrite that query (trim the fat) and release the updated version to our system. The result is that the same functionality exist but processes much faster and the end result is improved stability.

Again we do apologize for the interruption today and will continue our goal of providing a world-class tool for our users.
Photo of kara | daniel JEWELRY

kara | daniel JEWELRY

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I consistently experience VERY slow load speeds with Emma, while any other site I access is responding briskly. It's notable pretty much every time I log in. 

• 400 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
performance feedback on an outage related thread

Please reference the new conversation here: Slow load speeds with Emma