Make Emma Guestbook confirmation email customizable

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Emma Guestbook App is a cool feature, but the fact that you can't control the email that is sent to the people signing up is frustrating. I use Emma to have dynamic emails and the first impression that my new potential clients get is a plain text email that I can't even edit. 
The one that goes to people subscribing for my companies email list has my personal name on it instead of the companies. I talked to a Emma Rep and they basically said that they haven't developed that yet.
Maybe thats not as important to other users, but it is very important to us. Hope they get that developed soon.
Photo of Servant Life

Servant Life

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I can definitely see how being able to customize the confirmation email is important to you and others, too. I’m switching this conversation to an Idea topic and sharing it with the team working on Emma Guestbook.

Feedback like this is so valuable while we finesse the app’s capabilities, and I’m really glad to see you in here. :) Keep the great ideas coming.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I’ve chatted with a product owner to better understand what’s on the way for Guestbook. While editing the confirmation email isn’t on the docket right now, I want to note what you’d corresponded with our team about outside of Emma Community, so it’s clear how this idea came about.

You’d spotted that the confirmation email sent when someone submits their information through your Guestbook form read, "Thanks for joining the [Your name here] email list!” [Your name here] populates with the RSVP name for your account, which you can change by editing your RSVP settings. (You’ll go to the gears icon at the top-right, select Settings & billing and click Sender info.)

Even though we aren’t planning this right now, it would help to hear from you and other Emma users what else you’re interested in being able to accomplish with Guestbook. All current, related conversations are here, and feel free to create new conversations with additional ideas!
Photo of Pablo Molina

Pablo Molina

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I cannot agree more with this entry. The option of editing or disabling the confirmation e-mail (when you have a custom trigger that does this) should be considered. The app is well made, but the lack of this option limits its use in a professional scenario. Our clients were surprised when we told them about the app, but its limited customisation options really hold them all from using it. 

Also, the option of customising the fields, would be much appreciated.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I hear you, Pablo. Emma Guestbook is a new venture for us, so we’re gathering a lot of feedback about the first version before enhancing it.

I saw you added your voice to the conversation about customizing fields, too, so I want to link to it here for others who are following along. I appreciate you!
Photo of Philadelphia Zoo - Agency

Philadelphia Zoo - Agency

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
We would appreciate this, as well.  Guestbook sealed the deal for us to sign the contract with Emma, and the extra step of the confirmation email that we can't edit is a real problem for us.  As we don't have wifi in the spot where we'll be using the app, we can't create a web-based signup form and use that out of the main Emma platform.  We need to have these options either in the app or editable from the desktop site.  
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi, all! We're thisclose to enabling the ability to turn Emma Guestbook's default confirmation email off. That means you'll be able to create your own confirmation email in the drag & drop editor and tie it to Guestbook using a signup trigger for an automated workflow (which you can already do) without the default confirmation email also sending.

I'll update you once that work's been released.
Photo of Kenya Relief

Kenya Relief

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Has this feature been update yet?
Photo of Peter Peltier

Peter Peltier, Alum

• 26 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi there! Good news on this front. The next version of Guestbook will have the ability to disable the default opt-in confirmation email. Here's a sneak-peek of what that'll look like. It'll be a simple checkbox on the Groups section of the app. 

This version of Guestbook is wrapping up and will be available in the App Store on or around September 23rd. Hope that helps!
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Official Response
Happy day! We've just released Guestbook v1.2, which includes the option to disable the opt-in confirmation email. There's a slew of other new features, so be sure to check those out here!

Now that you can disable the confirmation email and send a customized welcome email to your Guestbook subscribers using automation, I'm marking this Idea as Implemented.
(Edited)
Photo of Country Kitchen International

Country Kitchen International

• 90 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Can you tell me (or send me to an existing thread that explains) how to set up a Welcome automation for those that sign up on a Guestbook form? Right now, I have a field that's exclusive to the form, that I use to make a segment. Then I have it set up like this:
However, I'm not sure if that's working. Should I have the Guestbook Form put them in their own group and then set up the same trigger? Or something else?

Thanks!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- To trigger an automated workflow from Guestbook signups, you'll need to choose the "Emma Guestbook for Ipad" option under the Apps and Integrations section in the trigger event details. 

I'm happy to take a closer look at your workflow. Can you tell me which sub-account this workflow lives in? Thanks!

• 90 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Yeah, I thought it might be there, but I didn't see it. The sub-account is CK of Dickinson. Thanks!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Interesting -- Can you try logging in with the sub-account user credentials (rather than your admin or manager level credentials)? I can't see it either, so I think it might be user-specific. Since the guestbook account is associated with the sub user rather than the manager, that might do the trick. 

Let me know!!

• 90 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I will try that once I can get them from the user. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!

• 90 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Ok, I see that option now that I'm in her account. So now I have the automation that looks like this:

I have anyone in her main group (the one that Guestbook entries get added to currently), sign up with the Guestbook app (and her form, because they need one, too), sending the "Welcome" email, immediately. Should that work?

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
It certainly should! I'd have someone signup on the Guestbook form (a new contact) to see if they receive the automated email. If you're limiting the workflow to that one group, you'll just need to make sure that both forms are dumping into that group. If not, you'll want to add the additional group for the second form. Let me know if you run into any trouble.