Emma Social makes me use my personal account

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Outdated

I have four Facebook pages that are linked to my personal Facebook account. When I try to add a new Facebook account for Emma Social, Facebook makes me switch to my personal account.
Photo of FAQ

FAQ

• 44 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
What’s happening here is that a Facebook page exists beneath a Facebook profile -- You have to have a personal Facebook profile in order to create a page.

When you're clicking to add a new Facebook account to Emma Social, you're prompted to log in as yourself, so you'll first see your personal Facebook account's avatar. On the next screen, you'll see all of your Facebook pages and can choose which one (or all of them!) that you want to create in Emma Social.
Photo of Author Emilie Richards

Author Emilie Richards

• 65 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Can't find Emma Social (only for Beta testers) and trying to do it through the dropdown on Response doesn't work no matter how many cookies I clear or disconnections I do. I just want Emma to be able to post to my Facebook Author Page, but it doesn't show up. Any thoughts?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! Would you like me to turn on Emma Social for you to see if the problem persists afterward?

Author Emilie Richards

• 65 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I found a way to do it yesterday so unless something changes, I'll be fine. But the "directions" say "go to Emma Social," and I find no way to do that. When I type in /social I just get my campaigns. Is that because I'm not a Beta tester?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
This specific conversation is talking about Emma Social, and since you don’t have access to this product yet, it doesn’t quite pertain to the problem you were hitting. I’m glad to hear it’s working again for you, though! Do let me know if you’d like to give Emma Social a whirl.

Author Emilie Richards

• 65 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thanks, Katie. I got to that conversation by using "search" and typing in my problem posting to my FB page, so I had no idea that Emma Social was only a beta product until I'd done a lot of reading at your site. Without knowing that, trying to follow those directions is a time-waster.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I’m sorry to hear that, Emilie! Anything I can do to help from here? I’m glad to grant you access to Emma Social or keep working on your Facebook login.

Author Emilie Richards

• 65 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Katie, I'm fine, I just thought you might want to know "how" I got there so you could make a note on that "conversation" that Emma Social is a beta program and not yet available to all so people will stop trying to access it if they're not set up to. Otherwise, we're good to go. 
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I’m sorry for the confusion, Emilie. I think this is the conversation you’re seeking, and I’m glad everything’s been sorted now.