Emma's new templates

• Praise
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Community member’s issue resolved in a separate conversation

Photo of Social Media Mentions

Social Media Mentions

• 39 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Yay! I’m so glad, Lauren. I’m loving the new templates, too.

For those who haven’t spotted the new offerings yet, click Create a new mailing in the drag & drop editor, and have fun!
Photo of Author Emilie Richards

Author Emilie Richards

• 65 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Just for the record, I spent lots of time using the Broad Street template yesterday only to learn after I had finished that the logo does NOT look the way it's supposed to look in either Outlook or Yahoo. I discovered this purely by accident when I sent myself a test email and read it in Outlook and later in Yahoo. I'm told the change was deemed "acceptable" by your design team but you neglected to inform us that there would be a difference in those programs (a circle becomes a silly looking square beside the logo). It took me more than a day to learn this problem could not be fixed. Two days wasted. Why isn't Emma up front about these issues so we who pay for your services can choose to use or not use a template based on facts? Your new templates aren't much of an asset if they aren't what they seem, and now I'm suspicious of all of them and don't want to waste time again.  Please inform us in the future about potential problems so we don't waste time. It's not fair to your customers. And YOUR decision that a change in a design is acceptable, without informing us or giving us a chance to decide ourselves, is unacceptable in itself.
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I’m sorry to hear that you’re dissatisfied! I know you’ve been working with Paul here, and he has more background about the trouble you’ve experienced with this particular template than I do. But I do know that our designers do their best to build templates that render as consistently as possible across email programs.

That being said, not all email programs render HTML code the same way — Outlook, in particular. This email program’s limitations are outlined here in the Resource Center, and as you can see, it’s a program that was based on Microsoft Word instead of on a web browser that reads HTML, so it’s drastically different from all other programs that read HTML properly.

We can’t combat those limitations, so there are concessions that email service providers like us make to work with Outlook. I know that it’s frustrating to spend your time on an email that doesn’t turn out as you’d hoped, and I hate that that happened to you. I’m glad to help answer any other questions, and I know that Paul will be getting back with you in that separate thread, too.
Photo of Author Emilie Richards

Author Emilie Richards

• 65 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
A simple warning would have been all I needed. I think you do your customers a huge disservice by not explaining right on the templates,what will not render correctly in different programs. Then we can choose to use or not to use. A warning would have saved me two days, one to get the newsletter the way I wanted it, and the second to try to get an answer from you folks--which you do NOT make easy--as to how to fix this. I no longer feel confident using your templates because you are not forthright up front about their limitations. Very off putting, folks.