Error message when attempting to import a list

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Hello, all. We're hearing a handful of Emma users are having trouble importing audience lists right now. They're running into an error message that reads "Oops, that wasn't supposed to happen."

Know that we're digging in to figure out what's happening and correct it. Stay tuned here for the latest, and thanks very much for your patience.
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of AF28 - North Central Texas Region

AF28 - North Central Texas Region

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
We've also been having trouble all morning trying to import an audience list - got the same message.
Photo of Iowa Student Loan

Iowa Student Loan

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
We are experiencing (today and last Friday) where all the contacts get moved to "error contacts" after uploading a list.  Are this two issues related?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! This does not sound related, so I'm creating a new space for it and for us to troubleshoot. :) Please reference the new topic here: All contacts moved to Error upon import
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
We released an update to imports last night, and it went swimmingly. We've found today that something was deployed over top of the most recent release and broke it, which is why imports aren't working at the moment.

We're redeploying this now, and I'll keep you updated here with when you can try importing again.
Photo of IIT Chicago Kent College of Law

IIT Chicago Kent College of Law

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
importing problem.

I am using chrome and firefox and in both browsers I am getting the following error when I try to import a new excel file. I've never encountered this error before. Can someone please assist I do need to get this email out this morning. Thank you. - Kelly

Error 500

Oops, that wasn't supposed to happen.

We're sorry, something unexpected
happened and your request could not be completed. Use your browser's
back button and try again, or contact your technical support team.

Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Our development team located the cause of today's import troubles. They have corrected the code and redeployed so that all things are working as expected now.

We are sorry for the interruption in imports and in your workflow and we don't take events like this lightly.
Photo of ClearTrack

ClearTrack

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello.  While the system is now progressing farther in workflow for upload, still receiving errors on a basic audience list of small quantity.  Please advise.  

Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi! This sounds unrelated, so I'm creating a new conversation in which we'll examine more closely. Please reference the new topic here: Getting an error when trying to import a contact list
Photo of Andy

Andy

• 21 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Still erroring here
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Andy, will you help me understand what's happening for you? Are you still getting an error that reads "Oops, that wasn't supposed to happen" when attempting to import your contact list?
Photo of Andy

Andy

• 21 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
No error, just an empty audience list
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hey Andy! This is separate from our main topic here, so I'm creating a new conversation for us to dig in further. :) Please reference the new topic here: Audience list is empty when attempting to import
Photo of ClearTrack

ClearTrack

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm good now.  Trick was to copy my audience records (MS Excel) into a new workbook as Paste Special - Values, then save as .csv.  Eliminates hidden special characters. Works fine after that.

Cheers.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Terrific! Glad to hear you're all set.
Photo of Fanscape

Fanscape

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm having problems uploading my data as well.  I get a simple error message that says: Error message Import failed
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! I'm creating a new conversation for your issue, since the issue in the main thread has been resolved. :) Please reference the new topic here: "Import failed" message when trying to import a contact list