Facebook shared link displays wrong information

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi Emma, today I shared an emma campaign via my Facebook private group and a Facebook page that I manage. The shared link showed the correct photo but the information that the link was generating was is totally wrong and an old address. Not sure how to change this information and have actual content from the campaign show up or tailor a description. Please let me know - thanks!
Photo of Life is good Playmakers

Life is good Playmakers

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ben Vance

Ben Vance, Alum

• 328 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi!  When you share your newsletter to Facebook, the content that previews there is part of the flexible region of your template.  In other words, anything that you’ve added to the part of your campaign where you can drag & drop new elements.  In your account, I created a copy of your most recent campaign to give you an example:

The template you’re using consists of mostly content areas that are actually hard coded into the HTML code of the template it self, and those won’t preview when you post to Facebook.  

The same principle applies to your address.  The address that showed up in Facebook is the address that you have set in your account settings.  However, in this template, there’s a hard-coded address - so you don’t see the old one.  To change the address in your settings, click on this icon in the upper right hand corner of your account:

Click Settings & billing, then click on the tab for Sender info.  I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any additional questions!