Filling in record fields for multiple records at once

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

We've added a field to classify recipients (industry, government, media, etc.). What I'd like to do is to fill this field en masse -- I can easily spot the media contacts by their emails, for example, and would like to select them and fill that field in all the selected records. Is there a way to do this? Trying to speed up the process of filling in the records.
Photo of Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center-Carnegie Mellon

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hey there! Do you have this classification info in an Excel spreadsheet? If so I would suggest importing those contacts again and selecting add & update. Choosing this option will add any new information to your existing audience member records. Here is a link to our resources pages which has some great instructions on the import process along with a solid video tutorial.

http://myemma.com/resources/how-to/im...

Hopefully this helps, but please let me know if you had something else in mind or have any questions.