Can I access the addresses that my mailing is shared to?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have a text link for Forward to a friend that i added to my newsletter.

For Text Use:
URL: [% share:email url_only="true" %]

It takes the user to a Forward to a friend Link that looks like this:

My question is where would i find the information that the user types in? This would be helpful to me as an admin to know who they are sending the email to and to make sure these emails are being correctly added to myemma.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You.

Photo of Dennis Manugal

Dennis Manugal

• 33 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey Dennis -- Great question! We don't store the addresses of people that your mailing is forwarded to because it goes against our permissions policy. Emma is a permissions-based service, meaning anyone in your Audience must have expressly asked to be there by either signing up for your list or by agreeing to receive marketing communications during the course of doing business with you. This is exactly why we include a sign-up link in the footer of all of our gallery templates. If someone who received your email as a forward wants to opt into your communications, they can sign themselves up!
Photo of Dennis Manugal

Dennis Manugal

• 33 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Emily,  I get what your saying but what tools do you have to help the person who is recieving the forward opt into our communications?  

For an example i have included below a screenshot from of a newsletter i saw that added a message above the email being forwarded that had a link to sign up and opt-into their communication.  I think this is a great way to get people to sign up and also clearly identify who the email forward was from with personalized information on the newsletter.

What do you think?  Could MyEmma develop something like this?  I think others in the community might find this useful and help increase their opt-in audience.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey Dennis! I hopped into my inbox and shared one of my coworker's Emma emails with myself. Here's what I see at the top of that email in my personal inbox:

We're giving that forward recipient a chance right at the top of the email to sign up and to clearly see who shared the email with them. Does this meet your needs?
Photo of Dennis Manugal

Dennis Manugal

• 33 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Emily,

I saw that message but was hoping of something that was better looking and more user friendly then just a plain text message with no formatting.  

I guess I expect something more aesthetically pleasing from MyEmma. You have such nice design and templates but this forward message doesn't fit that same goal to me.

Could this be something that MyEmma could improve especially with the example given above from Restaurant SmartBrief?

I think this would go a long way with helping your customers increase their reach which i hope is something that MyEmma agrees with. Let me know what you think.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
I'm following you here, Dennis. I'll put this in as a feature request to our Product Team! Thanks :)