Frustrated: Can't login, poor support

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: UPCOMING PLANNED EMMA OUTAGE ON THURSDAY

Sigh...

Emma is a great platform, we've made some great campaigns with it, but we're growing less and less fond of the system due to it's reliability and lack of support. Here's why...

We're in the UK and while we understand there can't always be 24/7 support, why offer a system to the UK market if no one is around to answer questions until halfway through our working day? Usually by this time it's too late and has meant we've lost half a day of progress. No one is on Twitter, no one answers the phones, what are we supposed to do?

Usually it feels like we are the first to discover problems with the Emma system, today for example we can't login at all, last week we couldn't open any campaigns without getting a 'oops that wasn't supposed to happen' message. It doesn't feel as stable as it did a couple of years ago.

The last time I called support to talk about Retina images and sizing them to specific dimensions, I spoke to a very nice lady, but she had little to no knowledge of my problem and was chatting to someone else remotely. It felt like Chinese whispers and in the end there isn't even a fix available.

We love the Emma platform but for the first six hours of the day a couple of days a week, we lose a lot of time. We need a solution soon.
Photo of Key Blue

Key Blue

• 47 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
  • Sad, angry, frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Key Blue

Key Blue

• 47 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Just found a post on the Emma Facebook page saying:

'We wanted to give you a heads up that this Thursday (7/28/16), two of our service providers are performing upgrades to their systems that we expect to cause Emma to be down for a couple of very small windows of time.'

We expect these to be no more than 15 minutes each, but of course we’ll be monitoring everything as it’s happening and updating you as necessary. 

The first will be in the morning, occurring sometime between 2am-7am Central

Firstly - 5 hours is NOT a small window of time. Sure 15 minutes is bearable but so far for us it's been an hour.

Second - This means we have no service until 1pm our time.

Seriously...
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there, 

So sorry for the inconvenience of our time difference, I completely understand the frustration.  

We are currently still waiting for our vendor to finish their work.  Since it's not Emma's decision to do this work, we have little control over the time-frame.  We only have the information that our vendor gives us. 

I'll make sure to post back here when we are sure it's back up and running.  

- Grey