"Unresponsive Script" error in Firefox and "Oops Please enter the correct number of recipients" error in Chrome when sending test email.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not a Problem
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Getting an orange pop up box that says Oops please enter etc etc when trying to send a test email to recipients selected from the drop down box.  Using the latest version of Chrome.
Photo of Bricker & Eckler

Bricker & Eckler

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- I have seen this happen a few times, and clearing the cache and cookies in your browser often resolves the issue! If that doesn't do the trick, there are a few things you can try to get Emma to recognize that address in the field. You want to watch to ensure that as you add addresses, the number of recipients goes up. If you see "0 of 10 recipients selected" then it's not sticking:

After selecting and address from the drop down box, try hitting space or tab. That should make it more sticky! You can also try deleting it and readding it or even typing it manually to get it to stick. 

Let me know what, if any of these options work for you!
Photo of Blood Assurance

Blood Assurance

• 16 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Just adding a me-too to this. Even with a clear cache, it does this almost exclusively when I use a group instead of an individual. I can then type a couple of characters and it will take the original group but only after I type a little more. Thanks!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey guys -- I have an update on this. We're looking into the issue to see if there's anything we can tweak on our end to make this process smoother. In the meantime, we found that simply backspacing once to bring your cursor back up to the line with the last address should force the email to tokenize. 

I hope this is helpful!
Photo of OneStar Foundation

OneStar Foundation

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Unresponsive Script Error.

Hello,

I've been working on several different campaigns this past month and have been getting a frequent pop-up error message telling me that there is an "unresponsive script." I am using Mozilla Firefox 36.0.4 as my browser on a PC (a brand new laptop I just started using). I've never had this problem before and it's really slowing me down tremendously.

It gives me 3 options: 1) Continue Script 2) Debug Script and 3) Stop Script. I've clicked on all 3 options at various times and none of them has seemed to do anything or help fix this problem.

Help! This is extremely frustrating. I love Firefox and am really hoping not to have to switch browsers.

Emily

OneStar Foundation

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello, I still haven't received any relevant responses to my questions above regarding the "Unresponsive Script Error" I keep getting when working on my campaigns in Firefox. Please help!

-Emily, OneStar Foundation

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Emily! I originally thought these issues were related which is why we merged your post here, but I'm not sure now that they are. The unresponsive script error is exclusive to Firefox and seems to be resolved by clearing the cache and cookies in your browser. Can you give that a try and let me know if that resolves the issue?

You'll want to be sure that you completely shut down your browser and start a new session after clearing cache and cookies.

OneStar Foundation

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Okay, thanks Emily. I always clear my cache and cookies before I work on a campaign, but I'm not sure if I restarted the browser afterward. I did work on a campaign yesterday and didn't have this issue, so perhaps it's solved! Will let you know if I have the error again after taking the steps your outlined above.

Thanks,
Emily
Photo of Kelly Gilbert

Kelly Gilbert

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Emily! I too am having these issues. Here are my issues in detail:

1. I keep getting booted or signed out and having to log back in, about every 20 minutes.

2. The "Send Test" button is not working all the time. Sometimes the button will work first try, but other times I will refresh about 3 times for it to finally work.

3. The auto-correct is not working properly. For the subject line, and "to:" address, if I use your auto correct function, it will show the full text in the editor, but once I send, I notice the everything is cut off from where I typed to, and clicked on the text for auto correct, if that makes sense.

4. Unless the "To" address is selected, I get an error message of "Oops! Please enter the correct number of recipients (up to 10). For example if the email was name@email.com, I would have to put my cursor right after the address and press backspace to select the whole email, then it is able to send. This is a temporary fix, although the time it adds to my workflow definitely adds up.

This has only been an issue for about a week now, but I send out a LOT of emails so it adds up!

I appreciate your time and help, and would love to find a fix to this! Thanks!

-Kelly

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Kelly -- Sorry for my delay in responding here! Let's see if we can address these issues.

First, if you're getting logged out of your account too frequently, please chime in over here with the answers to the questions listed there. You may be running into a bug that we're already working to resolve.

When you say autocorrect, are you referring to using one of the autofilled addresses or subject lines that populates when you start typing? This and the issue you're seeing with the sent test button are both just instances of that page not test panel not having time to save and recognize the autofilled text that you've selected. If you give the page a few extra seconds to save that text, you should see this resolved. You can also type and select your autofilled text, then click back to editor to force that panel to save!

When you type an address into the recipients field it has to be "tokenized" for Emma to recognize that it's an address. What you're seeing here is that the address appears to be tokenized but really isn't yet. By backspacing your cursor to the same line as the address, you're forcing that address to tokenize.

I hope this helps!! 
(Edited)